Range time with my SR22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

typ240

Bearcat

I really enjoyed shooting this pistol over the weekend. I purchased it new, did a quick wipe down and reapplied lube prior going to the range for the first time.

I was pleasantly surprised on how it performed, 700 drama free rounds with no cleaning in between through out the day. I did slightly adjust the elevation, it was very accurate as long as I did my part. I placed my steel targets at 7, 15, and 50 yards, I was able to surprisingly hit all three targets with slow trigger pulls.

I didn't like the safety as I occasionally engaged it while firing as my right thumb sits on top of it. I also didn't like the long DA trigger pull, the SA pull was not as bad but the reset is also long.

I was able to adjust for the feel and hang of it as the day progressed. This is a fun pistol for practicing the fundamentals at the range, Im glad I purchased it.

typ240

Bearcat
I'm curious as to which brand(s) of ammo were used

I used CCI Tactical 40gr, 1200

Sounds like you had a good day

Looks like you've figured yours out pretty well.

Thanks, it took about 50 rounds to get the hang of the trigger. I also adjusted the elevation for a combat hold rather than a six o'clock hold, going back to the range tomorrow for more plinking fun!

SR22 makes a good 'chore gun'. Not obnoxious to carry, doesn't get in the way like a bigger profile might, goes BANG as needed. Not the most accurate 22 pistol I own but on the other hand, most of the stuff shot at was hit.

They are fine pistols.
20231001_120758.jpg

Latest posts