Photo Test - Reeder Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rjwinz

Bearcat
sixgunner.com engraving:

Ruger%20Blackhawk%20.45%20-%20sixgunner%20logo_zpse5rcayqz.jpg

CraigC

Hawkeye
It was a website and message board started by Jim Taylor back in the late 1990's. There were articles, much like there is on leverguns.com now. The forum was an old format like Reeder's board. Industry folks like Taffin, Terry Murbach, Tim Sundles, Mike Cumpston, Lee Jurras, Bob and Wayne Baker, Paco Kelly, Rob Leahy, the Quinn brothers and others were regulars there. Along with mere mortals like myself. The discussion was mostly sixguns and levers. It was a good place to be and somewhere you could really learn a lot. When Jim went on mission to Africa, he sold the site to Joel Cosby of Cosby Custom Guns and it was then moved to a new server with a newer format. It survived pretty intact for a while but it seems like there was either a system crash that was unrecoverable or they just got tired of maintaining it. I really don't remember. About the same time Lee Martin started up his site and some of the old sixgunner.com crowd is still there. Others ended up on leverguns and/or the frontier sixshooter board. I also see quite a few on Facebook. At least a handful are here, I know that both flatgate and cas were regulars. Those were the good ole days!

CraigC

Hawkeye
Shortly after the Reeder guns were commissioned, gripmaker Scott Kolar worked up a deal with Jason of Lipsey's and David Clements for a similar group purchase. Jason provided .44Mag or .45Colt Bisley Vaqueros at wholesale and Clements did some basic work at a discounted rate. The basic package was an action job, freewheel, ream throats, #5 basepin and install a dovetail front sight. In cahoots with Scott, I worked out a deal with Lett's to get the dealer rate for a group purchase of grips. I had a little extra work done to mine and had BluMagnum do the grips but the guns received no special markings.

Bisquero%2045x5_%20-%2007.JPG

rjwinz

Bearcat
CraigC said:
It was a website and message board started by Jim Taylor back in the late 1990's. There were articles, much like there is on leverguns.com now. The forum was an old format like Reeder's board. Industry folks like Taffin, Terry Murbach, Tim Sundles, Mike Cumpston, Lee Jurras, Bob and Wayne Baker, Paco Kelly, Rob Leahy, the Quinn brothers and others were regulars there. Along with mere mortals like myself. The discussion was mostly sixguns and levers. It was a good place to be and somewhere you could really learn a lot. When Jim went on mission to Africa, he sold the site to Joel Cosby of Cosby Custom Guns and it was then moved to a new server with a newer format. It survived pretty intact for a while but it seems like there was either a system crash that was unrecoverable or they just got tired of maintaining it. I really don't remember. About the same time Lee Martin started up his site and some of the old sixgunner.com crowd is still there. Others ended up on leverguns and/or the frontier sixshooter board. I also see quite a few on Facebook. At least a handful are here, I know that both flatgate and cas were regulars. Those were the good ole days!

One of the board members who got in on the Reeder special (I think) was Pete Martin, who died along with the rest of his Rescue 2 company in one of the Twin Towers on 9/11. I remember that Taffin and Taylor took up a collection for his widow. Still think of him from time to time.

rjwinz

Bearcat
This one is going off to Alaska with my daughter to be her bear defense gun (her primary will still be spray). I've already put Pachmyrs on it and she will start shooting it soon. We will be starting with cowboy loads and working up to Buffalo Bore +p.

Latest posts