P94 Magazine availability?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weemsf

Single-Sixer
A preacher friend of mine died and his wife wants to give me his P94 Special Edition. I have never seen it, but from what he told me and she has said, I doubt it has been fired very much. Are factory mags still available for this pistol? Also, what is different about the Special Edition? I expect to drive to meet her in a week or so.

Al James

Hunter
Yes factory mags are still available. I assume that it is the P944 .40S&W in which case it is Factory #P17/10. Nice gun, should come in a black factory case. Last one I had sold for $350 or so on Gun Broker so they do command a slight premium over a standard or even SS P944. Nice guns enjoy!

roylt

Hunter
Special editions are the cheaper guns in my limited experience. Ruger took different color parts and sold them as two tone guns with only one mag. I should clarify, cheaper for Ruger but a lot of people like them.

I personally don't like the two tone.

I'm sure you will enjoy it. Sorry for your loss.

Mike J

Hunter
I like the way my P944T special edition looks. If it is a 9mm gun (P94) it will use the same mags as any of the other Ruger P series 9mm's. They should be easy to find. The .40 magazines are a little harder to find but they are around. The .40 caliber P944 magazines only have a capacity of 10. There are .40 caliber P91 magazines that hold 11. The P91 magazines are still around I have 2 of them that I bought used. The P944 & P94 both say P94 on the slide but the catalog number for the .40's was P944.

Mike J

Hunter
DSCN0631.jpg

This is a kind of crappy picture but the top pistol is my P944 with the stock grips. I did change them out for the hogue wrap around grips.

edfardos

Single-Sixer
I picked an extra up at a gunshow, I also saw them on the shelves at Scheels. (~$35 each iirc). I'm up to three P944 mags now, that should be enough right?

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
Here is a link to www.MidwayUSA.com for the P944 (.40cal) magazines under 30 bucks
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=414081

Here is a link for the 9mm p94 (and other P's) magazines..
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=913553

All my 9mm P series Mags will work with the other 9mm P Series guns. I even have some aftermarket mags that work great too.