P93DC barrel options I have.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
So I got A P93DC that was beat. Actually had a P85 barrel in it when I got it so that was way wrong. The 85 uses a different profile for lockup. Finally found a parts kit so I could replace the barrel then I also found a ported barrel.

This last week I found a threaded barrel and also ordered a faux silencer. The silencer had the correct threads but I didn't think about how the slide racks back etc. The silencer is too large in diameter. Looks cool but can't be used as is. I may be able to retool but not real sure what I will do yet.

Camera batteries are dead so I will post pictures later sorry to make all the P-nuts wait.

Al James

Hunter
Go to a good smith and ask him for a threaded sleeve that will act as a spacer. Maybe just 1/4 total height. Then you can tighten the can to that instead of the guide rod. I like it. If you come across any other threaded barrels that you are not going to buy send me a PM as I would like to have one. Federal Ordnance?

roylt

Hunter
The can bottoms on the threads. I just pulled the slide back to show the interference. Bag wasn't marked but the guy told me he got it from sportsmans supply years ago and never used it.

Al James

Hunter
So with the spacer it would bottom on the spacer and not the threads. You may still have functioning problems even if everything clears.

Silencing a SA is more than threading a barrel and screwing on a can. Google "silencer recoil booster" for a more detailed read. This is one area where a faux silencer may cause frustration in regard to reliability.

roylt

Hunter
It is more for show than go. I figure if I ever get a can to work I will probably just shoot it once and then put it away like I did with the ported barrel.

roylt

Hunter
So I found some nuts that are the right size and spaced the can out to clear the guide rod. Now I just need to find the time to get to the range to try it out.

Al James

Hunter
Let us know how it cycles. What would be cool is a custom slide lock for an extra quiet mode. :) Think HK MK23 8)

roylt

Hunter
I don't know much about anything but the P-guns. What or how would this slide lock work or do? I'll try to google the hk mk23.

The last time I saw a silenced Ruger P series, they shaved the guide rod back till it was slightly recessed into the slide. Pro job too. It had a nice bevel around the edge. Gun functioned perfectly.

roylt

Hunter
the 93 has a captured spring set on the guide rod. It can be used without the clip on the end but there really isn't much to shave back. The barrel tilt when you move the slide is what really caused the interference.

Good to know though. Any way you can find a picture of the silenced P? I collect pictures because I can't afford the real thing. HAHA.

Also to be clear this is just a prop not a real silencer. Just a open tube.

roylt

Hunter
So I tried it (silencer) today and it does look cool but that is about it. The extra weight on the barrel (or at least that is my therory) causes the slide not to cycle as required. So it is a one shot wonder.

It was 40 degrees but I don't really think that had much to do with it. I screwed the silencer off and tried the barrel only and it worked fine.

Maybe with a stronger spring set it would cycle the slide right?

Oh well.

Latest posts