OM SS Lightweight Base Pin

Help Support Ruger Forum:

06dilly

Single-Sixer
I've got a tri-color lightweight SS that was converted. In unconverting it, the base pin that came in the old model kit does not fit, the diameter is too large (measures 0.249") for the cylinder. It looks like a type 1 correct base pin, just won't fit. For reference, the conversion kit that was installed has a base pin that measures 0.245" and fits great, it just has the plunger pin on the end which is not correct when unconverted.

Looking for a period correct base pin for a Tri-Color Lightweight SS.

Thanks!
TomD

Last edited:
If the gun was converted it should have an "R" stamp under the gripframe do even if you have the right basepin it will always show that it had been converted in the past. I'd just pull the plunger out of the end of the conversion pin and use it until you can find an original style base pin if it is something you really want to find. Just my unasked for two cents🥴

06dilly

Single-Sixer
Thanks Robb! I just put it together with the plungered base pin for now. It's not something I'll ever shoot or even cycle. Yes, it has the "R".

Does that plunger come out easily?

Hi if you find 2 i need one myself i had a hard time believing it is a few thousandths different the regular pin will fit in the frame without the cylinder its the cylinder that is smaller i will probably going to take a regular pin and take a few thousandths offit with emery paper

Gramps

Latest posts