Number 1 Info for 2015

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jason at Lipsey's

Single-Sixer
Thank you all guys. Number 1's are one of our favorites here at Lipsey's. I remember one time several of us went hunting together and when we unzipped our cases, 4 of us 5 had 1AH 25-06's and the other a 1B in 300 Weatherby! It was fun keeping those AH's straight! We appreciate Ruger giving us the chance to run with these.

steelshooterco

Single-Sixer
Jason,

Does that mean you are going to pick up any existing factory inventory and make it available to folks? Or will this only be for new stuff coming out in 2015?

Like a couple of posters have said, it would be nice to see a K model again, missed the opportunity to buy one, as it was before I could afford a No 1. Have now picked up a couple and interested in more as they become available.

Would like to see a K in 17 HMR, would be a great and inexpensive varmint caliber (to shoot).

Thanks for keeping the shooters in mind and bringing us unique Rugers!

Jason at Lipsey's

Single-Sixer
steelshooterco said:
Jason,

Does that mean you are going to pick up any existing factory inventory and make it available to folks? Or will this only be for new stuff coming out in 2015?

Like a couple of posters have said, it would be nice to see a K model again, missed the opportunity to buy one, as it was before I could afford a No 1. Have now picked up a couple and interested in more as they become available.

Would like to see a K in 17 HMR, would be a great and inexpensive varmint caliber (to shoot).

Thanks for keeping the shooters in mind and bringing us unique Rugers!

This would be for new 2015 stock and forward. We will definitely be doing some more K models in the future.

wunbe

Buckeye
Jason,

If all future new #1s will be marketed under Lipseys' orders, does this mean that each model will be made in a production run of a pre-set size? That is, will all of each new model be produced in a run of, say, 200 and then no more will be made of that model? Or will just a few of many different models be available?

wunbe

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
JASON, PER OUR DATED BUT RELEVANT DISCUSSIONS DURING THE SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE K1A 250 SAVAGE RUN, LET'S ADD THE 223 TO THE K1A GROUP. WOULD BE A FITTING ADDITION TO THE "VERY VERY SMALL " NUMBER OF BLUE 223 !1A DONE IN THE EARLY 1980S! NO ABS PLEASE! WISHING LIPSEYS AND YOU A CONTINUING SUPER SUCCESSFUL 2015! MIKE

Rocdoc

Buckeye
K1A Savage 250 is a really neat edition, hope to see more of the old 'obsolete' cartridges in the K1a series, or even the K1RSI highly anticipated future series! Tired of the 243/270/308 offerings, but anything new in a 30-06 would turn my head.

Jason at Lipsey's

Single-Sixer
Ok guys here is what I know for sure:

1A blue & walnut 22" 7mm-08

1S blue & walnut 24" 30-06

1B blue & walnut 28" 257 Weatherby Mag

1H blue & walnut 24" 375 H&H Mag

K1V stainless & walnut 26" 223 Rem 1 in 8" twist

Waiting for final spec on the RSI but either way you guys will be happy.

Single-Sixer
Glad to hear the wood may be upgraded to a point, probably the biggest issue for most on the later model #1's. Wouldn't mind seeing red pads again either, but I'm certainly not complaining, and my hat's off to you guys at Lipseys for taking this project on. Do you have a retail price on the new ones yet?

Clark

Bearcat
Jason at Lipsey's said:
Also Ruger is aware of the wood quality issue and that is being addressed.

This thread has been truly great news about the #1 and this is icing on the cake! I really wanted to buy a 257 Roberts RSI but the quality of the wood wasn't the quality that Ruger has built into the #1 throughout the years.

Clark

H.H. Hipshot

Single-Sixer
I think it is a great lineup, with something for almost every hunter in the Americas. If you can't do it with one of these calibers, you can't do it.

Mike must have listened to my request.

We need to follow through with our wish list and buy some so that the No. 1's will continue in production. No excuses.

HHH

Rocdoc

Buckeye
HAWKEYE#28 said:
WhaaaaaaaHooooooooooooo and Yippee kai Aye! Way to go! Love those choices, especially the A and S 8) :wink:

I do like the choice in the S, but waiting to hear about the RSI.

picketpin

Buckeye
THAT'S the good new. The bad new is "as of today we have NO #1 parts on hand". So if you want a replacement barrel, a barrel band for an "S" or an AH forearm for an "A" barrel they are simply no longer available as are most other parts, period.

What MIGHT be available in the future AFTER Lipsey decides what they want and how they and the factory work out "parts'. That "will determine parts availability in the future" and will be based on what lipseys and Ruger work out

At this moment there are nearly zero parts on hand for the #1. I bought 3 barrel band slings for the "A" barrel before X-mas in anticipation of converting a couple, 204 AND 223 "AB"s INTO AHs FOR Walk AROUND Varmint rifles. Called to arrange shipping to get the AH forearms installed. Sorry, we have NONE in stock at this time. Only barrel band is the one that fits the "C" barreled 45-70.

"All available parts were assembled and shipped prior to years end" Look for a few odd ball or one offs to come out in the near future. The bean counters viewed unused parts as unsold rifles so................

The new "list"is fine, Thanks Jason. But I already built a 20" "B" barreled 7-08 and or own most of the rest or at least the cartridge and while I'll probably Will buy a 1:8 twist 223, it'll be a 22-250 AI before a round ever goes down the tube.

Jason, while your tinkering with the Weatherby cartridges, think a 240 to go with the 270 and 300. i SUSPECT it'll get fired far more at game than the other two combined and one of the few NEW #1s I'd buy. ;-)

the best

Ross

gtxmonte

Buckeye
Number 1V......stainless/synthetic or walnut, in a 6mm Ackley Improved.........Now THATS a varmint rifle..............LOL!!!

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
This is good news and praise to Lipsey's for keep it rolling!

I had my ffl make the call and he's got me down for the 1A 7mm-08! I never was able to get ahold of one of the early rifles. Timing was always off or the checkbook was light every time I found one.

I'll keep my fingers crossed this time and hope one is sent my way and also hope I win the stock lottery and get some decent figure in the stock!

Alan in GA

Single-Sixer
.358 Win
.358 Win
.358 Win
.358 Win
.358 Win, and finally,
a .358 Win.....at least one for me :)

Actually I have a NICE #1A in .243 that I almost hope does not shoot. Then it's off to J E S reboring to become a....
.358 Win.

firecaptain

Single-Sixer
Alan in GA said:
.358 Win
.358 Win
.358 Win
.358 Win
.358 Win, and finally,
a .358 Win.....at least one for me :)

Actually I have a NICE #1A in .243 that I almost hope does not shoot. Then it's off to J E S reboring to become a....
.358 Win.

Ah yeah, I'd buy a 358 in a 1a as well.

Latest posts