Not Ruger but asking anyway, what do you think of Beretta?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Geoff Timm

Single-Sixer
modrifle3 said:
The PX series may leave you wanting more. I have and own several 92fs models and got to put a px in 9mm through its paces. Nice gun but prone to issues not seen on the all metal guns.

What were the issues with the PX series?
Geoff
Who is a curious fellow.

modrifle3

Buckeye
There are pistols that had recoil assembly issues causing feeding issues and mag base plates are prone to cracking. Issues seem to be related more to the .40 and Beretta has replaced recoil assemblies at no charge. I believe the rotating barrel is a good idea but not sure if this complexity adds to the potential for problems. However berettas lack of a tilting barrel system is part of it reason for its outstanding accuracy in the 92 series. I see where most recommend hitting the 500 rd mark before fully trusting the weapon. Now the 9mm I have fired was flawless in function but only had about 300 rds through it. This particular pistol shot way low, about 6" at 7 yards. However I am told other sights are available.

welder

Buckeye
I have owned 2 92fs, 2 M9s and one 96fs. Outstanding guns and never a hint of a failure to do anything they were supposed to. Fit and finish were superb and they are just plain pretty. I'd buy another in a second.

CLMA60

Bearcat
I have a PX4 Storm Sub Compact. Great gun accurate and the decocker is a great feature. Little to big for concealed carry if your like me and concerned about profiling. Great ergonomics and comfort. Mine is a 9mm. :D

exavid

Hunter
I really enjoy shooting my 92FS. The one thing I did for it was to replace the rear sight with an adjustable one. The pistol fits my hand well and is accurate. I would like to have it in a .40 rather than my 9mm but the nine is one fine shooting handgun. It's never had a malfunction in around 600 rounds. I wish the .40 conversion kit was still manufactured so I could have it in both calibers.

t-reg

Single-Sixer
Beretta 92 - reliable, accurate, nice to shoot, over priced, safety is awkward and dyslexic.

Taurus PT92 - reliable, accurate, nice to shoot, reasonably priced, safety works like God and JMB intended.

Snake45

Hawkeye
t-reg said:
Beretta 92 - reliable, accurate, nice to shoot, over priced, safety is awkward and dyslexic.

Taurus PT92 - reliable, accurate, nice to shoot, reasonably priced, safety works like God and JMB intended.
Very well stated! :wink:

JTQ

Bearcat

The OP said,
Currently I have P-guns

The Beretta 92 safety/decocker operates the same as Ruger P-Series guns (and S&W TDA guns). If you are comfortable operating the controls on the Ruger P-Series, the Beretta 92FS will be very similar.

modrifle3

Buckeye
A Taurus although made on legacy beretta equipment is not the same caliber of gun as a 92fs. They share a common past but that's about it. You could always go with a Stoeger as it is still a beretta design and a beretta owned company. If you have a lot of cash to spend find a beretta i steel .... Safety is frame mounted.