NIB 1980 GS-84 found

Help Support Ruger Forum:

infantryman

Single-Sixer
I got this 1980 GS-84H NIB last month and wonder if it would be a sin to actually use it regularly and carry it? I also got a 1982 GF-84 NIB too and can't decide which to pamper as a heirloom and which to use the heck out of.
100_5068.jpg

100_5065.jpg

100_5151.jpg

Terry T

Buckeye
The GS-84 is less common than the GF-84.
The GP-100 is a fine carry piece.
Why not just leave both of them in the safe until the Zombie Apocalypse? (In which case ALL bets are off on collectability!) :shock:
Terry T

eveled

Hawkeye
I don't carry anything I have a sentimental attachment too. Or would be hard to replace. If you are talking about shooting at the range i say go for it! I don't have any safe queens. Ed

infantryman

Single-Sixer
Thanks all. I forgot to add that it is an H model heavy barrel. Box is also marked as such. I was told this might have been a run for the US Park Police NOT to be confused with the National Park Police. The US Park Police is one of the oldest Federal Uniformed Police Service's too.

infantryman

Single-Sixer
Anyone have pics of the different Heavy barrel's on these FIXED sight sixes? Especially a GS84H???? Mine has a thick top barrel rib with equal width the entire length while some have a tapered rib. I'm aware there are a couple of H variations.