New SR 1911

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DGW1949

Hunter
Yeah, I wish I could too.
Not that I'd bid it on that gun, 'cause I wouldn't....just wish I had that kinda pocket money.

DGW

Mike J

Hunter
DGW1949 said:
Yeah, I wish I could too.
Not that I'd bid it on that gun, 'cause I wouldn't....just wish I had that kinda pocket money.

DGW

I agree. I wouldn't want to buy that one. Somebody scratched it up really bad.

It would be nice to have that kind of cash to play with laying around though.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
I think I would need a rich widow to adopt me (and support me in a style
i could become accustomed to) AND win the lotto, before I would tie up
that much money just to put a gun in a safe. :roll:

Mike J

Hunter
revhigh said:
That gun is in the dictionary under fugly

REV

I agree with this. It is just too gaudy for me. It is good that they are doing this though as the proceeds are going to benefit the NRA. So lets hope everyone doesn't share my opinion & someone seriously overpays for a fancied up SR 1911.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Mike J said:
revhigh said:

REV

I agree with this. It is just too gaudy for me. It is good that they are doing this though as the proceeds are going to benefit the NRA. So lets hope everyone doesn't share my opinion & someone seriously overpays for a fancied up SR 1911.

I never understood the desire of people to want flowers and vines scratched onto their guns.

That thing is hideous.

REV

Mike J

Hunter
revhigh said:
Mike J said:
revhigh said:

REV

I never understood the desire of people to want flowers and vines scratched onto their guns.

That thing is hideous.

REV
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep

modrifle3

Buckeye
I agree with this. It is just too gaudy for me. It is good that they are doing this though as the proceeds are going to benefit the NRA. So lets hope everyone doesn't share my opinion & someone seriously overpays for a fancied up SR 1911.[/quote]

That thing is hideous.

REV[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep[/quote]

I love artisan guns, just can't afford them. It's art and engravers are artist.

19ontheslide

Bearcat
We don't have any engraved guns in our family collection, but I can still recognize engraving as a legitimate art form. People have been paying artisans to decorate their weapons since man first realized that sharp sticks and hard rocks work way better than bare hands to enforce policy. The gun in question might be a bit heavy-handed for my personal taste, but to my completely untrained eye it at least appears to have been well-executed. I don't think I'd mind that style of engraving on my own SR1911, but I would prefer far less coverage. I think just a few small areas, maybe the right side of the mag release, the slide just behind the serrations, maybe a small patch on each side of the dustcover, something like that. I think less is more when it comes to engraved guns, but again that's just a personal preference. But to refuse to recognize it as an art form? Nah, I disagree there. It IS art; just not to everyone's taste. Hey, I don't think what Jackson Pollack did was art, but his work still hangs in museums around the world.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Pat-inCO said:
modrifle3 said:
It's art and engravers are artist.
Right. :roll:

The talent it takes to do that work is far greater than what half the people on this forum have. It is personal taste, but I also recognize the quality of the work.

y2k-fxst

Single-Sixer
I'm just surprised the normally black parts were not gold plated instead of polished. Definitely a BBQ gun.

wws

Bearcat
Not my taste but I do appreciate the talent it takes to do work like that. Apparently at this point 69 people like it enough to big on it.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Out of 300 million + people in this country the MASTER engravers can be counted on one hand.
No it`s not for everyone but nothing seems to tickle everyone's fancy. I do appreciate the art even though I have little use for it.