New grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

crow#2

Single-Sixer
Just got these in the mail. Not the best but much better than the black plastic Ruger Grips.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240115_134055_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240115_134055_Gallery.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 145

KIR

Sparks, NV
From what I have seen/read/heard, I don't think many people keep their OEM Ruger grips on their guns.

Ride1949

Hunter
Both of mine wear the original grips again now.
From this
YinandYang06-11-2012001_zpsd5f3e1e8.jpg

To this
YinandYang06-11-2012008_zpsa7b032ff.JPG

I actually prefer the feel of the original grips.

Last edited:

contender

Ruger Guru
"↑ I believe 98% keep the original grips on their guns."

Maybe closer to 95%.

According to a few studies & such,, only about 5%-15% of the population are SERIOUS gun owners. And it's the serious gun owners who often do stuff to their guns to tweak them to their liking. (A few examples; Approximately 5 million NRA members,, and approximately 100 million gun owners. Or, out of LEO personnel, it's been shown that only about 15% are "gun people.)
So,,. if you take an average of 10% to balance things,, then you may think 10% are serious gun types overall. But of that number about half of them are either collectors or find whatever guns they like are perfect just the way they were built. The other half,, are the ones who replace grips, do action jobs, build custom guns, add do-dads, engrave them, or in general,, can't leave a gun "as shipped."

Grips are OFTEN one of the main things folks swap out on all kinds of handguns. The two main reasons are looks & how they fit the hands.

I think the OP got a nice set, & upgraded the look of his gun, as well as they do seem to fit much better than the factory plastics.

gnappi

Single-Sixer
I'm generally not fussy about how a gun looks but I only had one BH with plastic grips and my grip wasn't the appearance (I have others with black laminate grips) it was the cheap soulless feel of a polymer auto that bothered me.

When I dumped the silly aluminum frame that seriously unbalanced the revolver for a stainless Dragoon frame I got a pair of stock Ruger brown laminate grips and they suit me fine.

The grips on the OP's gun look pretty darn good to me.

Last edited:

Latest posts