Maple Grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Webster1967

Bearcat
So ordered some Maple grips from L/S Grips , fit and finish are great!! Almost a perfect fit and as good or better than factory. Makes the old thing a little more eye catching!?!?

Attachments

• IMG_1780.jpeg
    IMG_1780.jpeg
    415.5 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_1782.jpeg
    IMG_1782.jpeg
    310.5 KB · Views: 263

32shooter

Blackhawk
Nice grips. I also like maple on guns. Several sets of maple grips on my Rugers and a few Browning .22 rifles in maple.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
That looks Beautiful. I have three Ruger revolver with unfinished maple grips on them. I finished them with a wax finish only. I like the feel of the warm wood when I handle them or shoot them. One is a Single Six Hunter and a Super Blackhawk Hunter along with a Vaquero. Yours really looks awesome.

contender

Ruger Guru
For the OP,, you mentioned you got the grips from L/S grips.

Would this happen to be "Lone Star Custom Grips" by chance???

I very much like the blond maple look. It can look like anything from bone/ivory/horn to micarta.

Now, speaking of maple, I don't understand everything there is to understand.

The above grips are very light. I have other maple products that are much darker. I have a maple-colored stock that is quite red. I have some maple grips that are also red but very figured.

Is all maple blond to start with and it's stained as desired? Or are there extremely different colors of maple?

Ride1949

Hunter
I very much like the blond maple look. It can look like anything from bone/ivory/horn to micarta.

Now, speaking of maple, I don't understand everything there is to understand.

The above grips are very light. I have other maple products that are much darker. I have a maple-colored stock that is quite red. I have some maple grips that are also red but very figured.

Is all maple blond to start with and it's stained as desired? Or are there extremely different colors of maple?

Latest posts