New Grip Panels for my SS .44 Special

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mr. S

Bearcat
(I hope this doesn't double tap. The first attempt seemed to blow up.)

After shooting and handling my new SS .44 Special. I wanted to dress it up a little and get some new panels for it. I emailed the forum's own 41 Magnum (Jim), and asked about some panels I saw he had listed.

He replied very quickly and I sent my payment to him last week. Well, my new panels arrived today and they are gorgeous! Great customer service and very fast shipping! I am very happy with them.

Here are a few pictures. They actually look better in person since the lighting isn't that good in the room I took the pictures in, and I did it without the flash since that just washed the pictures out.

Thanks again Jim. These really are very nice!

Rick

NewGripsSS44Spec2.jpg

NewGripsSS44Spec1.jpg

NewGripsSS44Spec3.jpg

32magfan

Blackhawk
+1 on 41Magnum's work on custom grips. :D

I bought a pair for my first 44Spl last year made from spalted maple. They really set off a blued gun. :wink: Now it looks like I need to get another set for the SS version.

I still haven't changed my mind about the "cheese graters" they send these things out with currently. I don't like 'em. My .02.

Thanks,

32Magfan

wildwilly

Bearcat
Are they any thicker than the factory plastic the factoty grips are a little too thin for me

Mr. S

Bearcat
wildwilly said:
Are they any thicker than the factory plastic the factoty grips are a little too thin for me

Yes, they are a slight amount thicker. The new grips feel much better to me than the original panels. The new panels were from what 41 Magnum had in stock. He told me he could make some even thicker if I wanted to wait until spring since his shop isn't heated, so he's not making panels right now. I decided to just go ahead and order these and I am very happy with them.

Rick

ppodpearson

Bearcat
xtpshooter, those are the identicle one I ordered for my Blackhawk (blued), except no medalion. I'm hoping they will be here any day per our last email. Nice to see the antique paper micarta attached to something.
Dave