My NEW Tac-30 *transformed*

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bayouhunter

Single-Sixer
I bought the New Tac Mini 30 last month. I mainly purchased it as a home defense gun. Light weight, substantial caliber. 20 rd mags. I will mount a scope on it next deer season. But plan on using it as is for defense. The change over to a more tactical stock may work for some but I find Myself and mife wife can both shoot it well as is. I like the iron sights, but will probably order glow paint for the front sight as aging eyes sometimes have a problem with black front sight. Ok in daylight,. The Burris Holo Graphic sight looks like it would be good on a Warne mount. If I can swing it though I plan to buy another just like it. Might well have his and hers versions.

johnqpublic

Bearcat
Deadduck,

Have you done any further ammo testing with your Tac30? I have read good reports from other Mini30 owners using Fiocchi brass and Silver/Gold Bear plated-steel. Would love to see how they compare to the other tests you have documented.

robertkirksey

Blackhawk
What you referred to earlier as a heat shield in the forend is, I believe, a controlled environment for the front end of the operating rod (slide) to run in. The front end of the operating rod is not attached to anything and must be contained. I'm sure the ridges are to minimize friction to allow it to run dry.

martyj

Blackhawk
Did they bother to put a chrome lined barrel on this?
I'm sure it would be an asset if your going to run 1000s of rounds through it.
Got me confused by mounting the scope forward when it is a Ranch rifle. I really don't see the OP rod cover holding the scope tighter than the receiver.