My "New" GP100 "Boot" Grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Boge

Single-Sixer
Before:

After whittling down to fit my hand:

Originally, these were bought off Ebay from Thailand.

robotoid

Bearcat
What a co-inky-dink!!. I just bought the same style set from the same seller with the same intentions as yours (make them into boot grips). Mind if ask...was the wood the same color all the way thru? I can't really tell if mine have been stained and finished or just finished and I'm seeing the natural wood color. How did you get the color or stain even on the finished product. Yours look good, but I don't think I'm going quite as small, just a bit off the length.

Boge

Single-Sixer
It's a SE Asian Rosewood and the particles are harmful as many have a reaction to Rosewood so use a respirator & long sleeves. Also, it is an "oily" wood so it needs to be varnished quickly after cutting to prevent "bleeding". Read up on finishing oily woods before you attempt this.

robotoid

Bearcat
Boge said:
It's a SE Asian Rosewood and the particles are harmful as many have a reaction to Rosewood so use a respirator & long sleeves. Also, it is an "oily" wood so it needs to be varnished quickly after cutting to prevent "bleeding". Read up on finishing oily woods before you attempt this.

Why is nothing I get involved in ever simple? I'm glad I didn't starting wacking away on these. I leave the small woodwork projects for winter months when I can't be doing projects outdoors.