Model 00832 Super Blackhawk Hunter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Redhawk41

Bearcat
Today I stopped at a LGS on my lunch break--against my better judgement. Sure enough, I should have stayed away as they have a Super Blackhawk Hunter on consignment.
According to Ruger's website this one was made in 1992 which--if I understand things correctly--would make it part of the earliest production of the Hunter. The gun itself is in overall good condition with just minor scratches, and it includes not only the original scope rings but a Burris 2-7x32 scope (with some noticeable scope-ring scuff marks) Nothing else is included. The story is that the owner died and his widow or daughter (not sure which) just wanted his guns out of the house. Asking price is $900.
Is this initial early model particularly desirable and/or any more valuable than the later ones? The serial puts it within the first 3000 made in 1992. They tell me it's been on consignment since September and they are going to contact her with my offer of $800. I figured special model or not, that would be a reasonable price to pay for a shooter, considering the fact the scope rings and Burris is included. If my offer is denied it would be nice to know whether or not the original price would still be considered a deal.
What'chall think?

20240122_144155-ed-red.jpg

20240122_144214-ed-red.jpg

Redhawk41

Bearcat
Buy it! I just put that scope on my SRH .454. The scope cost me $289 on sale over Black Friday. Regular price is $349 with an MSRP of $468!
I think this one is a little older, but would still very likely cost $250 or so on eBay, used. Still waiting to hear back from the LGS.

Redhawk41

Bearcat
Well, it is now six days later and they finally called to tell me that the consignor accepted my offer. Looks like I'll be headed to their shop tomorrow to pay the ransom. Since us law-abiding common folk can't be trusted by commie politicians, after a 3-day waiting period she should be coming home.