Mk pistols?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bdickers

Bearcat
mohavesam said:
Anyone guessing on the revision of the Mk III and the next version of the 22 pistol?
Whatever they do, I will not be an owner. After purchasing one of the MKIII's and seeing first hand,the design for assembly\disassembly, I sold the thing and will never own another Ruger .22.
The Smith & Wesson .22 Victory looks to be the pistol Ruger should have been all along.

Bdickers said:
mohavesam said:
Anyone guessing on the revision of the Mk III and the next version of the 22 pistol?
Whatever they do, I will not be an owner. After purchasing one of the MKIII's and seeing first hand,the design for assembly\disassembly, I sold the thing and will never own another Ruger .22.
The Smith & Wesson .22 Victory looks to be the pistol Ruger should have been all along.

Or, just buy an original standard or MK I. Some things shouldn't be messed with, but some not so smart people (who think they are really smart) always seem to try.

The Ruger MK's or standard are not combat pistols. They are target or small game pistols. They don't need to lock back on the last round (hey, you have enough fingers and toes to keep count). You don't need rapid magazine changes (the zombie apocalypse isn't real). What you need is an accurate pistol with a good trigger and a good sighting system. Oh and maybe some practice so that you can't blame your failures on some supposed need for improvement in the pistol.

By the way, the American Rifleman has a good, but admittedly too short, article in the latest issue. Read it and understand why the MK I was made.

My hope is that current and future management will maintain the heritage and the history of Ruger's original pistol design..the gun that started it all in 1949....keep it the way it is meant to be, go back to the MkII version with only the mag release of the MK III..lose all the lawyer crap...and build the tapered barrel 5 1/4" and 6 7/8" target models again, it my opinion...the best handling versions.