Mark II Target Pistol

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sasquatch

Bearcat
Just wondering where to get magazines for my pistol ?
I bought an aftermarket magazine once and it had flaws so I returned it . Need a good quality like the original if they still make them .

Sasquatch

Bearcat
I only have one magazine, it's the original that came with the pistol. I ordered one online a couple of years ago and it was not OEM the quality was poor , I forget the issue I had with it but I sent it back .
I wasn't aware they still make original magazines even the ones on the Ruger website I don't know if these are foreign made substandard items or not . I guess there's only one way to find out .
I've seen used ones on eBay, the real deal but they are expensive.

gunzo

Hunter
Brand new in the package on Ebay for approx. $7 less than Ruger. Free shipping as well. Saving nearly enough to get 2.

If money is an issue then you might want to look at Mec-Gar magazines. They go for less than $20 new. I have no personal experience but I've seen a number of positive reports.

Sasquatch

Bearcat
If money is an issue then you might want to look at Mec-Gar magazines. They go for less than $20 new. I have no personal experience but I've seen a number of positive reports.
Money not an issue unless the price has been inflated by an unreasonable amount
My issue is , I don't know if Ruger are manufacturing their own magazines with the quality of my original magazine from 1988 or do they farm them out a put their badge on it ?
It's quality I'm looking for.

I'd be okay with just one
They are only $32 on shop Ruger. I know you said you don't trust who makes them. But do you have any facts to back this up? Any evidence or reviews from someone online perhaps that had a bad experience with a Ruger branded magazine?

I just don't see it. Heck, I'm going to order a couple of the Mark 2 magazines from them right now. You never know if they will stop selling them.

Sasquatch

Bearcat
I ordered one couple of years ago online, not directly from Ruger and it was not like my original. I forget the real issue but others I found out had the same problem and I returned it without using it .
A side by side comparison with my OEM mag you could see the difference.
Let us know your thoughts if you decide to order from Ruger

I did just order two of them. They raised their min. order for free shipping to $75. So I also ordered a Mark IV magazine. I don't have the gun yet, but am wanting one. It does make sense somehow.

I think the magazine you are talking about, from where ever you ordered it, not being Ruger was the issue.

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
Wirthwein Guns has them for $26.99 and only $6.99 for shipping no matter how much is in the order. You could order 10 magazines and the shipping is only $6.99 total for all. Fast shipping.

CHEVYINLINE6.

eveled

Hawkeye
I was having trouble with my newer MKII magazines. (Failure to feed). Bought from Ruger.

They didn't slide as smooth as my old ones, I put the loader tool on it and cycled it up and down a few dozen times. You can actually feel it smooth out. After that they were fine.

If that doesn't work disassemble the magazine check the groove in the button for burs and check the track the groove rides on.

Last edited:

Latest posts