Looking for rough estimate for Ruger rnvb-444-spl and KRB-24FW

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gfen

Bearcat
Greetings,

First post, and its a bit of an odd one.

I'm looking to get a rough value on a pair of Ruger single actions I own.

The first is a KRB-24FW. This is supposedly a limited run of 500 (I've also heard 'less than 400' and '945' thrown around) for Davidson distributors. Its a 4 5/8" stainless single six with a Bisley frame and fixed Vaquero sights. Serial says it was produced in 2003. Have the box, test cartridge, etc still. Has been used (and will continue to be used in the future, I love this thing).

The second is a RNVB-444-SPL. Supposedly another limited run for Lipsey's distribution, but I have no further details as this was an gift. This one is a blued .44 special Bisley grip with a 4 5/8" barrel. Serial is from 2013, and like the other comes with the box, fired brass, and all the fixins still. Has also been used.

No, I'm sorry, neither is or will be for sale while I'm still breathing. :)

Thank you for your attention, have a lovely night.

Attachments

• IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 58

JPGLSG1234

Blackhawk
I don't know about the 44spl but the KRB according to our member weaselmeatgravy, he has sold them for as much as $1,545.00 but they usually fetch around $1,250.00. I found one after months of searching to complete a little project I was doing, some would say I over paid for it, but oh well.

Long story on the original gun I purchased and the one that TGWs had Ruger build to replaced it that is listed as a KRB.

BT 9 Single Sixes Stainless FullSizeR (015).jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!

You have a very nice pair of Rugers there.

I'll try & give you as much info as I can.

Having the box, & all that came with it is a plus. Condition is also a big issue when it comes to values. NIB (new in box) vs. used can be very different. The first one, the KRB-24FW. The code stands for; "K" stainless, "RB" Ruger bisley, "24" is .22 caliber with 4-5/8" barrel, "FW" is fixed sights with rollmarked cylinder.
According to the Red Eagle News Exchange Reference Guide, (RENE) which has the best up to date information for us collectors, lists it as a special distributor model. Serial number range of 268-20353 to 268-36711. A total of 945 were shipped to Davidson's from 2002 to 2004.
The other one, the RNVB-444-SPL, would also be a distributor special. My Reference Guide stops in 2010,, so more direct details are not available to me. But I'm sure someone else will come along with more details soon.

Both are very nice guns & a bit desirable. Since they have been "used" they don't carry as big a premium as a NIB one.

And as I was typing this,, Jim posted a picture of his customized .22's.

If the condition of the .22 is very, very good,, it would likely command about $1000.00 as long as all the original box & paperwork is still with it,, as you have mentioned.
The .44 Spl,, another desirable gun,, also known as a "Bisley Flattop" is likely similar in value,, again,, as long as the condition is very, very good.

gfen

Bearcat
Thank you very much, gentlemen.

The Single Six was the one I was first interested, the latter seems to crop up as something people have discussed but its not quite as small a run as the SIngle Six since it seems Lipsey just keeps doing variations that are *almost* the same.

You all have a great night.

Latest posts