Lipseys

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Xraydave

Bearcat
Did Lipsey's announce any new No.1's or new African series Hawkeyes at SHOT show?

rangerbob

Buckeye
The 280 AI African is on Lipsey's website. None are in stock yet. A quick check at Sports South showed 12 different factory loads, most not available yet. Six from Nosler, 1 from Hornady, and surprisingly, 5 from Federal. SS had 1000 boxes of the Hornady Hunter loading, so ammo should not be a problem. Bob!

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
Ammo is not a problem for the 280 Ackley Improved; I think Nosler loads more than 6. Not widely known, but Ruger's first chambering of the 280 AI is in a No.1A with a 25" barrel, done last Fall. These rifles were done as a tribute to Joe Clayton, the collector who wrote the book on Ruger No.1's. They are shooters; all have been reported to shoot very well. Serial #s are JDC-001 thru -125. These rifles were an Exclusive of Lipsey's and Classic Sporting Arms is the Exclusive retailer. Less than 20 are left.
I think for the Bolt Action guys, the M77 Hawkeye African platform is a good fit for the most classic of the Ackley Improved cartridges. Near 7mm RM performance with less recoil!

71shooter

Single-Sixer
El Numero Uno said:
Ammo is not a problem for the 280 Ackley Improved; I think Nosler loads more than 6. Not widely known, but Ruger's first chambering of the 280 AI is in a No.1A with a 25" barrel, done last Fall. These rifles were done as a tribute to Joe Clayton, the collector who wrote the book on Ruger No.1's. They are shooters; all have been reported to shoot very well. Serial #s are JDC-001 thru -125. These rifles were an Exclusive of Lipsey's and Classic Sporting Arms is the Exclusive retailer. Less than 20 are left.
I think for the Bolt Action guys, the M77 Hawkeye African platform is a good fit for the most classic of the Ackley Improved cartridges. Near 7mm RM performance with less recoil!

Do thes 280ai have open sights and pecker head forend?