LCR front sight height ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DonFDavis

Bearcat
Friend has LCR 38 with aftermarket FO front sight installed. She wants to switch back to regular sight, but does not have the original. Anyone know the height of the standard front sight on a 38 LCR (top of barrel to top of sight). I figure that is should be somewhere around 1/4", but would be nice to have a digital caliper measurement direct from an owner.

Thanks in advance

DonFDavis

Bearcat
Thanks for input guys.

I appreciate Ruger customer service - they have sent me a good number of freebies over the years. in this case I happened to have a front sight from a 9mm LCR (I replaced mine) and wondered if the height was too different from the 38 version. I'll measure it and see.

Looking at pics of the LCR on their website it appears that they have at least 3 heights of front sight - varying with caliber. If the one I have is close I may just use it - but as you say, Ruger may supply one of needed (they look like they cost only a few $ to produce)

Edit to add
Looked at the link - the new standard sight with the white insert looks much better - expensive though

DonFDavis

Bearcat
I just measured the sight I have and it is 0.020" high. By my calcs putting this on a 38 LCR will result in point of impact being 5" above point of aim at 15 yards. Possibly acceptable for a close quarters protection gun. Better to impact high than low.

Latest posts