LC9 Trigger Upgrade Kit Problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Recently attempted to install a Galloway trigger and spring kit in an LC9. Springs...no problem. New adjustable trigger and trigger bar...nothing but problems. Cannot get either combination of new/old trigger/trigger bar to move the hammer far enough to the rear,, moving the hammer stop far enough forward to allow the hammer to drop on the firing pin. Tried new trigger with old bar..no good. Old trigger with new bar..no good. Contacted Galloway and received a cut-and-paste response that was useless. Anyone having had and solved same situation, I would appreciate info on solution. Thanks, Mike

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum.
I would contact Galloway again & demand a full refund if their product doesn't work as intended.

Question; What was wrong with the Ruger parts?

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I tried the same route you are going without any satisfaction. I ended up dumping the LC9 altogether. That trigger was just a deal killer for me. The gun was fairly accurate though if the trigger could be made to be anywhere near usable.

jm650us

Bearcat
same exact problem here. On my second trigger bar no luck. I put the stock trigger back and bar no problems. Trigger has a 6.5lb pull I can live with that. (it now goes bang) The trigger pull I can get used to I wish Ruger would have started with the lc9s from the start.
I still love this little pistol shoots well,easy to carry with the techna clip. I did talk to a local G Smith and they were told by Galloway that they are having a 50% failure rate with trigger bar kits. I did purchase the new firing pin and spring tried it all no luck You get what you pay for I gueese. Good luck I hope this helps some one.
JM