LC9 Striker For 2014?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Petie

Bearcat
What is the desire for the striker version? Would it increase reliability or what other benefit?
Yea I would absolutely love a single stack version of the SR9c as I love mine but would like a thinner version for carry.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
It's quite simple: a striker fired pistol usually has a shorter and lighter trigger pull than a DAO. I examined the current version of the LC9 and was not impressed. The trigger pull was super long, even compared to a revolver, and it has a totally unnecessary manual safety and mag disconnect. Overall I felt my Kel-Tec PF9 was and is a much better value. That's what I went with and am happy with it. I love Rugers so I would be happy to consider an LC9 minus those features.

bada61265

Single-Sixer
this lc9 trigger topic never dies. those who hate it hate it, those who don't cant understand the others problem. The complaints come from guys who like the creep and mush of striker fired guns over a slightly longer smooth da pull. that's fine to each his own. would sincerely love to have the guys who want a striker fired gun to go buy a striker fired gun and stop complaining about the LC9. Simple solution..... buy what you like, test the trigger before you buy, if you bought it anyway don't come crying to the net! nuff said!

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Friend, I like the smooth and relatively light DAO pull on my two Kel-Tecs and S&W 642. The LC9 trigger on the other hand is a mile long, requires a correspondingly huge trigger guard, and has the aforementioned superfluous features. If other folks like the LC9 as it is then that's fine, it just doesn't work for me. I think the LC9 was hurriedly designed and rushed to market, it doesn't impress me the way Ruger products usually do.

GKC

Blackhawk
Nh Rugerman said:
Check out the new Remington model R51....i have been waiting a very long time and only thought I would see it in my dreams!

I haven't checked recently, but what is Remington's warranty and service like? When the Remington R1 1911 first came out, I bought one. I didn't keep it long...I didn't have any problems with it, I just decided there were other companies who offered a 1911 without a FPS and who did have a lifetime warranty and good service. Those two things are important to me, especially on a new model gun (although it's kind of hard to imagine anyone who can't make a functional 1911...except Kimber, that is.)

Z1D2

Bearcat
Ok don't mess with strikers much can you explain the difference?

bada61265

Single-Sixer
FergusonTO35 said:
Friend, I like the smooth and relatively light DAO pull on my two Kel-Tecs and S&W 642. The LC9 trigger on the other hand is a mile long, requires a correspondingly huge trigger guard, and has the aforementioned superfluous features. If other folks like the LC9 as it is then that's fine, it just doesn't work for me. I think the LC9 was hurriedly designed and rushed to market, it doesn't impress me the way Ruger products usually do.
kinda like you read my post but didn't comprehend it. will count you in the "im going to bash lc9 crowd each and every time the subject comes up" crowd. you don't like the lc9 and are like quite a few others online, are trying your best to convince others. you would have to line up hundreds of thousands of lc9 triggers to get to a mile, your making a fourth of an inch stretch quite a way. Best be would be heading over to the kel tec forums and the s&w forums and talk to those guys about how sweet your triggers are vs coming here and talking smack on a gun you don't even own.

bada61265

Single-Sixer
Z1D2 said:
Ok don't mess with strikers much can you explain the difference?

striker is a spring loaded firing pin released by a sear, in the case of most polymer framed pistols that usually means the sear also brings the firing pin/ striker back the last little bit before it drops away and releases the pin / striker. In a DA gun theres a hammer that strikes the firing pin, this is brought back by the trigger pull till it releases allowing the hammer to strike the firing pin going forward firing the gun. in all cases the da pulls are longer than striker fired pulls. in some cases obviously the 3/4 inch or so of pull on the lc9 overpowers even the largest ego`s. oops I mean trigger fingers. even though that pull might be longer by 3/8" or so, and a pound or so lighter and glass smooth compared to mushy creep ridden striker guns. ill admit some cant handle it. apparently. try it before you buy it. if the dealer wont let you pull the trigger a few times tell him you will buy someplace else, ive seen nothing but excuse afer excuse as to why people bought a lc9 and were somehow in shock and surprise when they got to the range.

exavid

Hunter
I really like my LC9 and find it easy to shoot, it's my usual carry gun as well because of it's size and reliability. I still prefer hammer guns over strikers though I do have an SR40c that I really like. The new Remington 51R really looks good I'm going to have to look closely at one when they hit town. I wouldn't replace my LC9 with one but it sure looks like a nice addition to the gun safe if it shoots as good as it looks.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Nothing wrong with liking what you like, my trusty Kel-Tec PF9 is at my side as I write this. The R51 looks really cool, I wouldn't mind having one myself.

Latest posts