Kimber 22 LR Converion Kit (slide/mag) with SR1911 anyone?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lonewolf5347

Single-Sixer
range report
100 rounds not a He-cup
I shot CCI Troy 36 gr. min-mag first 5 shots at 12 yards under a 1/2" two hand hold up-supported
The next 10 rounds did adjust the sights :The rest were shot at 15 yards just one hole groups if I did my part.
I would say will it stand toe to toe with the brownBuck markmark EASY
The model 41 S@W close I have not gotten back to 20 yards yet other then that more then happy with the Kimber Conversion unit.
I forgot to mention any 22 ammo I fed it federal CCI Blazers all ran excellent

lonewolf5347

Single-Sixer
Well about 600 rounds later on the Kimber and all I can say not a He-Cup
I do find that overall ammo for best group is federal ammo 22 LR at 15 yards 2 hand hold unsupported shots will stay around a 1" with the 40 Gr. lead bullet and a tighter group with the 36 Copper HP. and under,I will say the kimber will hold it own against S@W model 21A and the Browning Buck mark

revhigh

Hawkeye
lonewolf5347 said:
Well about 600 rounds later on the Kimber and all I can say not a He-Cup
I do find that overall ammo for best group is federal ammo 22 LR at 15 yards 2 hand hold unsupported shots will stay around a 1" with the 40 Gr. lead bullet and a tighter group with the 36 Copper HP. and under,I will say the kimber will hold it own against S@W model 21A and the Browning Buck mark

Search for 'REVHIGH's one inch challenge' .....Make some easy money.

REV

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
All three of my Ciener units (two 1911s and one Browning P35--all standard-grade, not Ciener's "Premium" units) will group @ 1 3/8" at 50 feet with cheap (well, it USED to be, anyway) bulk .22 ammo. Not as accurate as my MK II, but about what my Colt and Smith DA .22 revolvers will do--and certainly accurate enough for "combat" practice and/or plinking. :wink:

loaded round

Hunter
My Platinum Ciener unit mounted on my Series 70 Gold Cup frame will shoot under 1'' from a rest at the same distance. Admittedly much better than I can hold with two hands. After trying many brands of ammo, my Ciener has a fondness for Remington Standard velocity ammo. Anything else will open groups 3/8'' to 1/2''.

seb1899

Bearcat
ry%3D400

Advantage Arms has last shot hold open Ceiner does not. Also have you encountered the 'great' Ceiner customer service/attiyude?

loaded round

Hunter
Fortunately I have never had to connect Ciener, assuming he's out of jail now. There is a rubber bushing on the end of the Ciener guide rod that does wear and he wants 4.50 to replace. However It is nothing more than a 1/2 inch faucet washer available from Sears Hardware for about a buck a 6 pack.

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
seb1899 said:
Advantage Arms has last shot hold open Ceiner does not.
Fortunately for me, I learned to count to 10 and 15 a LONG time ago, so this simply hasn't been a problem. :wink:
Also have you encountered the 'great' Ceiner customer service/attiyude?
Only as regards initial delivery. But once I've finally taken delivery, all four of mine have run just about flawlessly. Have never needed any followup parts or service. :wink:

lonewolf5347

Single-Sixer
I been pretty happy with the conversion unit on the SA1911 so far at 15 yards two hand hold un-supported my group run around 1" to 1 1/2"
I did change the sear spring for a lighter trigger pull for the 22 unit only to 2lbs and drop the hammer spring to 18 lbs.
I did find the only Ammo that gave me problems is Aquila 40 LRN FPS 1040
I most of the time run 1250 FPS or better if I can find them.
The gun really likes the Federal 525 bulk ammo but still no were to be found.
I did pick up some federal 40 gr.LRN HV ammo and I will say the worst group the gun has ever shot.
I been running CCi tactical,Troy's @ stingers and no problems
I stop the other day at Dick's and to my surprise they only had CCI standard FPS 1070 target Pistol ammo on hand 1 Brick per customer $40.00.
I ran it yesterday to my surprise 100 round not one problem with standard CCi ammo.
I did the last upgrade and drop the hammer spring to 17 lbs will see how she runs as far if I get any light primer strikes.