Is this a good price for a P89??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KayJayz

Bearcat
I am new to the Ruger community but hope to be around for quite a while with my new purchase. A good friend of mine wants an upgrade and I would like a nice reliable gun mostly for home protection. Being new to Rugers, I would like to know if this is a good deal or not.

Ruger P89 9mm, Hogue style grip, 2 holsters, 3 15 round mags, 1 20 round mag, and a gun case. He said no more than 1000 rounds have been shot with it. He is asking $325, Im sure I could get him down to $300.

Should I pull the trigger on this deal?

ncvikingfan

Single-Sixer
The many knowledgeable forum members here will certainly provide info regarding the value. I purchased mine several years ago so any pricing I have would not be relative in today's world.

However, if you can modify your title to P89 (?), you will probably get more replies.

The key part of your question is 'good friend'..

Yes, it is a fair price for all that give or take.

If I had the money I would go 300 or even the 325 for it.

And the P89 is a horse of a pistol and will serve you well.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Even though I'm not a fan of the P-series guns ... with all that stuff that's not a bad deal ... if you end up not liking it you won't lose much reselling or trading it.

I bought a P89 years ago for $225 OTD, but that was 5-6 years ago, and it didn't have any holsters or the box ... just two mags and the gun.

If it's stainless .. I'd go for it ... almost any other decent metal gun like a CZ will set you back at least double that for all the stuff you're getting.

You can't go wrong at that price, especially if the holsters are decent leather holsters and not the $10 uncle mikes or the plastic Fobus ones.

It's a good handsome combat pistol, and as long as you're not planning on shooting any accuracy matches you'll be fine with it. Mine was about a 4 inch gun at 50 feet ... plenty good for combat, but not good enough any kind of target shooting. One thing for sure ... you'll NEVER break it ... :D

REV

KayJayz

Bearcat
Thank you for the replies, I really appreciate it. I will call him up today and make the deal.

CampWI

Bearcat
KayJayz said:
Thank you for the replies, I really appreciate it. I will call him up today and make the deal.

You wont regret it. I've owned my P89 for 17+ years, put hundreds (thousands?) of rounds through it and it has been very reliable. It shoots more accurately than I do and it eats the cheapest ammo I can find without a complaint.