If you want a Ruger .44 special...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
There is one at Scheels in Bismarck. It is a 5 1/2 inch model for $499. They had a 4 5/8" one too, but that came home with me.
Their number is 701-255-7255

rugeraficiando

Single-Sixer
Keiths Sporting Goods in Gresham Oregon has a 5.5" .44 special as of yesterday. 10/09/09 $469.00.
May not last though, gun show coming up next weekend at the expo.

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
Well, they are out there. Few and far between, but out there. But the news that it looks like the .44 special will be a regularly cataloged item may reduce some demand.

Rodfac

Blackhawk
Yep....but 44 specials will gunk up the forward part of the cylinder where the case isn't long enough to reach the beginning of the cylinder throat. It's easy to clean out, however, if you keep up with it. My .44 Magnum flat top actually prefers the .44 special loads. Go figger! Regards, Rodfac

edlmann

Blackhawk
Rodfac":25zhjcus said:
Yep....but 44 specials will gunk up the forward part of the cylinder where the case isn't long enough to reach the beginning of the cylinder throat. It's easy to clean out, however, if you keep up with it.

I suspect that the people who have this problem shoot a LOT of specials, neglect that part of the cleaning routine, then try to fire magnums. The key part of your statement is, "...if you keep up with it."