I saw my first 32-20 / 32 H&R Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Glupy

Blackhawk
Kuna, Idaho - a sparkling jewel in a park-like set
I read past discussions but this was the first one I've seen in the wild.

A Boise area store has one listed for $995 with both cylinders, box and paperwork. It looked to be used but not very much. It had the 6.5 inch barrel.

I didn't handle it; fearing that the drool might damage the finish.

Glupy Dave

Mohillbilly

Bearcat
Sounds awful pricy to me . the Buckeyes were in .32 caliber , and .40 for 10 mm , 38-40 . they were dealer ordered with the option with sorta matching serial numbers .

KLNC

Single-Sixer
I've sure never seen any in collector condition with the goodies for $635.00. But maybe some folks are just luckier than I am.

k22fan

Blackhawk
A not so local LGS that I occasionally visit has one that is in at least 98% condition with box for $800 plus tax. It's been a while since I handled it so it may or may not be ANIB. I have found the store not agreeable to dickering but maybe I drool to much before making offers. Even though I don't need another expensive .32-20 I handled it. It has a steel XR3RED grip frame. Its bluing is so well polished that I don't understand why the new Rugers don't go hide behind the dumpster in shame. I has sat there for at least 6 months.

k22fan said:
A not so local LGS that I occasionally visit has one that is in at least 98% condition with box for $800 plus tax. It's been a while since I handled it so it may or may not be ANIB. I have found the store not agreeable to dickering but maybe I drool to much before making offers. Even though I don't need another expensive .32-20 I handled it. It has a steel XR3RED grip frame. Its bluing is so well polished that I don't understand why the new Rugers don't go hide behind the dumpster in shame. I has sat there for at least 6 months.

At $800 I'm not surprised.

That said . . . there were only about 5000 of these made.

Scarce? Probably. Rare? Not yet.

JMHO