I just noticed on my sr40, error!?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

winchell182

Bearcat
Ok here is something I dont understand.

The sr40c, the c is for the compact version right?

I bought an sr40 model 3470 but my slide says SR40c.
I just measured it and its not the compact version. Came with two 15 round mags. the compact says it comes with 9 and a 15 with extension.

What am I missing? Why does my slide say SR40c when it is the full size version.

thanks

Rei40c

Blackhawk
lol Wow, if you do in fact have a full size SR40 marked SR40C I'd even consider keeping it for the novelty. :D After all you know what it is without a label telling you. And you can for sure say its one of a kind haha.

clint_lnl

Bearcat
Rei40c said:
lol Wow, if you do in fact have a full size SR40 marked SR40C I'd even consider keeping it for the novelty. :D After all you know what it is without a label telling you. And you can for sure say its one of a kind haha.

I like that idea. I would keep it too

winchell182

Bearcat
So I showed the length in the photo with a tape measure to show the length is 7.55"
The height also is definitley 5.52" . Those are 2 15 round mags next to it.

All Models:
Caliber: .40 S&W
Grip Frame: Black, High Performance, Glass-Filled Nylon
Sights: Adjustable 3-Dot
Length: 7.55"
Height: 5.52"
Width: 1.27"
Grooves: 6
Barrel Length: 4.14"
Twist: 1:16" RH

compact:
Length: 6.85"
Height: 4.61"
Width: 1.27"
Grooves: 6
Barrel Length: 3.50"
Twist: 1:16" RH

photo.jpg
[/img]

winchell182

Bearcat
Ok here is the height. so the compact is 4.6" in height so I marked that with the white line. And you can see the 15 round mag with the flush bottom. So this is definitley the full size version. So why does mine say SR40c??

photo-1-1.jpg

22/45 Fan

Hunter
You certainly have a full size SR40 with a mis-marked slide. Stamp collectors will kill for such a "mistake".

My real SR9c is 6.75" overall length and has a 3.5" barrel so yours is definitely full size.

BTW, that odd-ball barrel length of 4.14" was probably chosen to conform to Canadian regulations requiring a 105 mm minimum barrel length.

jhearne

Buckeye
Nice. Ruger will fix it most likely, but the mis marking has collector's value for sure. Thanks for sharing!

Josh

Gregg1LE

Single-Sixer
Definitely a keeper,as is !

I guess the engraver operator didn't notice the line had changed over to the full size guns.......

Rei40c

Blackhawk
That was my first thought as well. How much would this thing be worth. If there was a short run of them before the mistake was caught it seems all the affected slides would be deemed unfit and discarded. I'm just guessing of course but it seems more likely perhaps that one of that batch somehow was misplaced into the production parts.

The other alternative is Ruger saw they had x amount of mis marked slides and decided, "meh use em anyway". Which I find highly unlikely. This causes me to think it could possibly be the only one.

Or who knows maybe it was just a machine test, or "Bob" showed up to work a lil buzzed on Monday. :)

For any collectors out there how much would something like this be worth?

Volusianator

Bearcat
The other identifier is that the SR40 has the ribbing (or whatever you call it) only on the aft side of the slide, where the SR40c has the ribbing on the forward and aft side.

M-Arsenal-76.jpg

Ruger_SR40c_Pistol_1.jpg

flyfishny

Bearcat
That is really something.

I pick up my new SR40 from my dealer on Friday...I'll be looking at the slide for sure!

winchell182

Bearcat
I bought this at Bassproshops here in denver too. Huge store, really nice.
It was always eating away at me and one day I was finally like huh this isnt right.

This was my very first gun purchase too, what a find!

Latest posts