I have to brag a little

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bspitt

Single-Sixer
Took my 8 y/o to the range tonight. He loves to shoot the .22's. Tonight we took the MKIII 22/45 target model with holographic sights, The SR22 pistol & the trusted 10/22 that I modified with a youth stock. This kid is a really good shot and has really learned the safety techniques. One of my proudest moments tonight was not the several bull eye shots he made, but once after I was admiring my sub-par accuracy...he said "Dad....Put the safety on!!!!!"

Here is one mag he shot with the SR22 at 5 yards:
Photo0189.jpg

He loves the SR22 as he is left handed and it has ambidextrious safety. He can control this lil gun very well.

Here is one mag he shot with the MKIII 22/45 at 7 yards:
Photo0191.jpg

He likes this pistol also, but its a lil heavy for him and not set up for leftys. He's even better with the rifle with iron sights, but I forgot to get pics of those. I need to get him to a youth rimfire competitons. Anyone know of any youth shooting events in NC?

M3Stuart

Bearcat
Good for him!!! And congrats to the proud Dad (or Mom) for teaching proper safety!!!!

bspitt

Single-Sixer
contender said:
Everything looks good to me! As for youth shooting in NC,, have you tried contacting the NRA?

I contacted the NRA today. they are suppose to be getting back to me. I have checked in the past with the NRA, and nothing was close to us.

Thanks for the Reminder!

bspitt

Single-Sixer
Stoots said:
Excellent!

He's all business on the firing line!

Actually you are correct. I remind him every time we go to the range, that we can have fun...but there is no horseplay what so ever....hense the serious look on his face. I think he was a little more than surprised that I would even snap a quick pic with the cell phone!

mishtub

Blackhawk
Found these , hope they help:
http://www.facebook.com/NCYSF

http://www.ncwildlife.org/News/NewsArticle/tabid/416/indexID/7126/Default.aspx

You are just a hop & skip over from Hickory... where I had a great encounter with an LEO two years back.... He pulled me over and when I showed him my S.C. concealed weapons permit he informed me I was supposed to verbally tell him I had a gun in the vehicle and where it was.... I looked up and him and told him I could not do that offices and he asked why and I replied because I don't know exactly how many guns I have in this truck or where they all are. His reply was... "oh, okay".

soot4brains05

Bearcat
bspitt,
Good for you. I took my son shooting for the first time when he was 6 1/2 or 7, he really liked the 22's and was a decent shot. At that age someone was always right at his side teaching him the proper safety guidelines, but they learn quick at that age too, wasn't long before he could handle a gun safely by himself. And the same thing with my daughter. Now their 22 and 24 and a better shot than I, they both own numerous firearms and vote for the Pro-Gun guys at the polls (also hate Obama) oops sorry I know this is not the political section, couldn't help myself.
But definitely get them involved in the sport at a young age. Always kept the guns in a safe, so no mishaps or even close calls ever transpired, as they always knew if they wanted to go shooting (mess around with the guns) all they had to do was tell dad "let's go shooting" and we went. All this with full support from my wife of 28 yrs, but I knew she was into the sport too, way before we married.
Carl B.

Latest posts