How do you wall-mount your handguns?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Peacemaker

Bearcat
All you collectors out there who bring your displays to the shows, how do you attach your handguns to your wall display? What types of mount brackets do you use? Mostly pegboards? Or do you have some unique way of keeping them against the wall to look at?

flatgate

Hawkeye
I always make my display such that if someone stumbles and falls into my table the guns will NOT hit the ground.

I'll set them on shelves in a "book case" with a plexiglass front.

I'll attach a peg to a piece of plywood and hang the gun off of that but will have a "washer" on the peg through the trigger guard so it cannot be knocked down.

I'll set them in a "shadow box" with a glass cover on a table as a "quickie" display.

I always make the guns "inaccessible" to little hands or large hands. :roll:

flatgate

radicalrod

Hunter
Well a little know fact is that "MOST" Ruger displayers are frustrated cabinet makers...they only have Rugers for an excuse to make big bulky pieces of woodwork :lol: :lol: :lol: I have a rule for my displays......if it won't fit in the back of my Corvette I won't take it :shock: :shock: :shock:

To answer your question I have seen several ways but I liked the L hook where one fits in the end of the barrel and the other holds the trigger guard....both have a small piece of rubber tubing to protect the gun....some just "zip tie" them to the wall......good luck how ever you decide to do it.....see ya RR.

41 nut

Bearcat
I use cloth covered pegboard as a back. I've attached the revolvers two ways. One by just using plastic ties around the guns and thru the holes in the pegboard. Way I think I like better is to set them on pegboard hooks and then use a black plastic tie to tie them to the backboard.

I prefer to not have any of the mounting show. The way I do it the gun will hang on the wall and look suspended (nothing showing) and if done correctly no part of the gun will actually be touching the display board. Shown here is an older picture of a couple of shooter .44 Flattops.
DSC09911.jpg

DSC09910.jpg

Here are 4 10" .357's attached the same way. Only part touching the gun is the "j" bracket that is inserted in the front of the cylinder in one of the chambers.
DSC00116.jpg

DSC00007-5.jpg

The Hook.
DSC09913.jpg

the ways shown above are alll good and will work, the final decision or "how" is yours but bear in mind ,from a security standpoint ( and belief), guns have been handled, dropped, removed from the displays AND 'stolen' over the years, so unless they are "under glass" and /or SOMEONE stands 'guard' at and around the display for the entire its "shown" ( why not, you can always answer questions the public will ask or throw at you), I would at LEAST use (add) a nylon tie to help 'secure' the gun to the display...far too many folks do NOT read or understand "English" when ALL the signs say "Please do NOT handle, or Display Only....."

americal

Hunter
Jussbad--- you may call them two Flattops Shooters :) but I ain't gonna call those GRIP PANELS shooter grade :lol: my friend & I do them like Jussbad on a big red Ruger bird.

mike722

Buckeye
rugerguy":yxr3j0vf said:
the ways shown above are alll good and will work, the final decision or "how" is yours but bear in mind ,from a security standpoint ( and belief), guns have been handled, dropped, removed from the displays AND 'stolen' over the years, so unless they are "under glass" and /or SOMEONE stands 'guard' at and around the display for the entire its "shown" ( why not, you can always answer questions the public will ask or throw at you), I would at LEAST use (add) a nylon tie to help 'secure' the gun to the display...far too many folks do NOT read or understand "English" when ALL the signs say "Please do NOT handle, or Display Only....."

yep, it is amazing how people will "lead" with their hands and try to touch everything, no matter what the signs say.. at least in Tulsa, the displays are set back behind a big blue rope fence, helps keep greasy paws away...

Bearcat
jussbad":2cpl9zs6 said:
I prefer to not have any of the mounting show. The way I do it the gun will hang on the wall and look suspended (nothing showing) and if done correctly no part of the gun will actually be touching the display board. Shown here is an older picture of a couple of shooter .44 Flattops.
DSC09911.jpg

DSC09910.jpg

Here are 4 10" .357's attached the same way. Only part touching the gun is the "j" bracket that is inserted in the front of the cylinder in one of the chambers.
DSC00116.jpg

DSC00007-5.jpg

The Hook.
DSC09913.jpg

Of all the methods, I like the "j" bracket the best. Only one question - where do you buy them?