How bad are Scope Mount Holes on Early Flat top 44?...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jringo8769

Single-Sixer
well sorry for the delay....here is some pics...see what u think....
i have not cleaned the gun yet other than wiping it down with my microfiber....gun is super clean and still has all the original grease on it....God Bless,John

ZSywyULh.jpg

a9zITOHh.jpg

DfvIeFRh.jpg

gxjpECMh.jpg

vUAZYYDh.jpg

OJ23ZgEh.jpg

c9IU27hh.jpg

jringo8769

Single-Sixer
well thank u for the kind words...i can not wait to get the rear sight straightened out and be able to shoot it...it is a real beauty....God Bless,John

jringo8769

Single-Sixer
well here is a set of beautiful old grips i am working on fitting to it too...see what u think...

eLZH3HCh.jpg

thanks to a new friend i have medallions and a grip screw and escutcheons for them too...

chet15

Hawkeye
jringo8769, the box will be a two piece telescoping, black and yellow slick paper, with BKH-47 printed as the catalog number on the black end.
If that is the box and depending on its condition, as mentioned...the gun would be a freebie.
Chet15

jringo8769

Single-Sixer
well sadly the original box they told me they have....it is a Ruger box...just not the original one...i am told they sent that back in with the gun for the conversion...thankfully the original parts were included and the gun is back to original again....i would love to have had the correct original box but i did get the original owner card and NRA membership card and owners manual....God Bless,John

He has a picture of the box in the classifieds, along with the "safety" update conversion parts that were taken out of this gun in question, typical yellow/black fold up ,one piece box used for the "safety updates"...oh well can't win them all, he is still way ahead.............AND he is doing a fine job of trying to put it all back together....... 8) :wink:

( please don't tell him that the 'safety update' boxes are FREE when you provide them with a serial number of any Old Model that needs to be converted.........) :roll: :wink:

jringo8769

Single-Sixer
well thank u for the kind words...i think it will be very nice in the end....and it will be fun making the grips too...God Bless,John

jringo8769

Single-Sixer
rugerguy said:
He has a picture of the box in the classifieds, along with the "safety" update conversion parts that were taken out of this gun in question, typical yellow/black fold up ,one piece box used for the "safety updates"...oh well can't win them all, he is still way ahead.............AND he is doing a fine job of trying to put it all back together....... 8) :wink:

( please don't tell him that the 'safety update' boxes are FREE when you provide them with a serial number of any Old Model that needs to be converted.........) :roll: :wink:

well i was hoping to trade them for something...so u are saying they are worth nothing?.....i will just toss them then....God Bless,John
i hate to waste anything of any value

No Sir, never throw anything away, can always use it for something else.....its just all the talk about boxes, and it can get confusing, see guys at the gun shows try and sell a box that you can get from the factory for calling them, give them an old model serial number for the safety update and they will send it to you free, I see all too many people abuse this give them the numbers, get the :free" boxes and NEVER send the gun in for the work....hhhhmmmm when we had the shop we paid the factory $5 each for these same boxes, came in handy for storage...............
and yes, on the other hand , we have paid hundreds of dollars for some old model boxes, that you just do NOT see ,let alone find around these days......all too many got tossed when the guns were bought new...and I know, I been doing gun boxes ,LONG before it was fashionable or folks decide they were worth $$$$$ back in the early 60'd at the Chagrin Falls Armory here in Ohio, I was in starting the gun shows and would get gun boxes out of the trash, when folks tossed them after buying their new gun, putting it in a holster, walk out the door, toss the box...I'd get them out of the trash wipe off the chewing tobacco, put them away...they used to call me the "king of cardboard" I'd sell them at the gun shows all the time, $3-5-maybe even $10 for a good Colt or S&W box....always had a table FULL of various gun boxes.........cannot replace them or get them for any decent prices any more... :(

jringo8769

Single-Sixer
well the box and the conversion parts all have a new home and i was able to find that elusive rear sight screw and both springs too...and i can not wait till i get those stags i am working on fit to it too....i would love to make a matching 44 mag flat top 4 5/8" as well...find another one and have a pair of them....would that be crazy thing to do?....alter the barrel on a 6.5" gun?....God Bless,John
i would make the 4 5/8" i make my shooter and the 7.5" my grail gun...best of both worlds ....