Home Display?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
I've had my guns locked up for a long time. I really enjoy looking at them, but am hesitant to display them. Seems to me it would be too hard to find a way to make them secure and have them on display. Anybody have their guns out to enjoy?
Any thoughts on making them secure if they were out to be enjoyed?
Bfly

I hope you can come up with a secure display that satisfies you.

Long ago, I decided that it was not wise to display guns. These days it's just not wise to let folks know you have guns, even if they are your friends. All they have to do is tell one person about your stuff, and that person tells another, and so on and so on and you have no idea who learns of your stuff.

I say lock 'em up and be very careful whom you let know about any arms you own.

Sorry.

JMHO

radicalrod

Hunter
Well I worked in a guys home once that had over 500 guns just hanging from brass hooks on the walls.....they all had a tag with a number and he had a book where he logged them in.....it sure was neat....he musta had a really understanding wife....he died and she donated them to a local historic museum....they were all most all old BP guns....every room in the house had guns hanging on the walls.....even the bathroom :lol: :lol: :lol: RR.

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
If you have the space and a dry basement, you could always got the security door route and then just display them on the wall inside.

Have always wanted to do this but the denaro department has always been a conflict. Just keep spending money on guns LOL

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
Thanks guys. I hold them up against the wall, look at them, then put them back in the safe. Seems such a shame that things even in your own house aren't safe. I don't even tell my neighbors that I have guns, except to tell them that I carry.
Bfly

flatgate

Hawkeye
I had a friend in South Dakota whom was a Weldor by trade and a serious Ruger Collector. His Basement was a good "Man Cave". Entrance was through a old fashioned "jail door" and the windows were secured with steel bars. He had his Rugers all over the walls. He had an excellent Single-Six "display" in his Basement. It sure was fun to stop by and visit and enjoy his collection.

flatgate

H.H. Hipshot

Single-Sixer
Do a search for "lockable" gun racks and "lockable" gun cabinets. There are a lot of options out there for secure open display.

For example: http://lockinggunracks.com/

There are fancy ones as well out there.

gasbag

Blackhawk
I display mine quite nicely inside my safe.
I go there quite often and open the door and admire them.
Then I shut and lock the door knowing they are safe and secure.

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
radicalrod said:
....every room in the house had guns hanging on the walls.....even the bathroom :lol: :lol: :lol: RR.

Let me guess - blunderbusses??? :oops:

I too am very careful about casual acquaintances, neighbors, etc. knowing about my modest (compared to many) collection.
Unfortunately, mine are not as secure as they should be. My home made gun cabinet with plexiglass door holds about 20+ of my nicer No.1s (too tightly packed :cry: ). The rest of the rest are sardined in zippered or woven covers to the left, right and and on top of the cabinet, which is "hidden" in a closet in the upstairs den.
The ones that don't get shot often or at all, I try to look over a couple times a year, but I just can't seem to part with the majority of them, shooters, collectibles or just neat old guns. :wink:

tommygun

Single-Sixer
Put them out on display, live and sleep in the room with your assault rifle and high capacity mags and handguns. Oh, if you don't own such protective display equipment better get them before your government does!!!!!! Who knows, Government may decide that you already have an arsenal in your house and decide to break your doors down, ransack your house and take them all. TG

Latest posts