Have you moved the front sight on the Ruger 57?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DanceTiger

Bearcat
My Ruger 57's front sight is not centered. It is not terrible, but it shoots 1" at 15 feet to the left with the rear sight centered. I have tried a brass punch but it won't move. Do you have any tips?

thanks

I will say this and it shows that on occasion I might be a tad dense and slow on figuring things out. About two years ago I went to my pistol range and shot three different pistols... Two were Ruger P95's and a Sig.... One of the Rugers was shooting about 3" to the left at 25ft and the other about 2" left and the Sig just a tad to the left or maybe an inch..... and I spent a good bit of time trying to push the 3" Ruger's sight over..... got home and started thinking about it.... "Wait a Minute BLUME!... . why were all 3 shooting left?" I went back a few days later and fiddled around with my grip and made sure my finger was square on the trigger and guess what?.... dern rounds came a lot closer to center, especially on the "3" gun.

Not saying your sight doesn't need moving... but I am saying when a pistol appears to be inaccurate... the first place to look is behind the gun...