Gun-shy on the SR9C

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Big Stu

Single-Sixer
atopper said:
is it just me or is the 10rounder with the pinkie extension an absolute perfect fit in the hand ???

havent even shot mine yet and i LOVE it !! i shoulda bought the black one they had too

Nope, it's not just you. It is a PERFECT fit for me as well, and I love shooting it with the 10 round mag as opposed to the 17 rounder. It just feels right.

jeffegg2

Bearcat
atopper said:
is it just me or is the 10rounder with the pinkie extension an absolute perfect fit in the hand ???

havent even shot mine yet and i LOVE it !! i shoulda bought the black one they had too

I am one of those that does not like the pinky thing. I have a spare if you want to trade for a flat one.
8)

willypete

Bearcat
The SR9c is one of the sweetest guns I have ever owned and fired. One of the greatest purchases I have ever made too.

tcanthonyii

Bearcat
I LOVE MY SR9C. Did I tell you I love it? Good shooter and feels great in my hand. I hated 9mm till I picked up this gun.

Jake Bauer

Bearcat
My buddy had just turned 21, and had gone shooting with me a few times, and as we were leaving the range at the Bass Pro Shop there, he decided that he wanted to have his own 9mm pistol that he could eventually carry one day. He had about $500 to spend and he smacked it down on an SR9c without really even knowing much about it. Long story short, he loves the thing and shoots very accurately with it. Hasnt had any problems yet either.

atopper

Bearcat
jeffegg2 said:
atopper said:

I am one of those that does not like the pinky thing. I have a spare if you want to trade for a flat one.
8)

totally down for that trade !!!!!!!!!! PM and address i can send it to

any one else wanna trade ??? 10rd flat for a 10rd pinky ??

gak

Buckeye
There's nothing wrong with a SR9C that a 40c won't fix :). But seriously, as a .40 shooter, I too had not considered a 9 "too seriously" until I handled the "C." I'm still holding out for the 40c, but have heard very good things about the 9. If the .40 wasn't just 'round the corner I'd seriously consider the 9, just 'cause of the specific "c" platform. Otherwise I'd be on to the M&Pc.

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
I have large-ish hands and actually prefer the flat. Middle and ring finger fit perfectly on the grip with pinky under and no gap between fingers.

On a side note, the CCW class instructor I had and his son tried my 9c and both loved it. They also commented on how well the grip fit (had the 10 rd flat mag in).

Bapple

Bearcat
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the reversible backstrap.

Having bought a Beretta 90 two first for my big hands, I reversed the backstrap on the SR9c and it seems to perfectly fit my hands now. The little gap the flat backstrap left made my aim not as precise. But after reversing it, the grip just seems natural every time I grab it. It takes me a second to get a situated grip on my Beretta whereas on the SR9c my hand just goes to that perfect spot first.

The accuracy may not be perfectly on par with the Beretta but it is very close. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt though since the Beretta is a full sized (5 inch barrel) versus the SR9c being a compact (3.5 inch barrel).

tommy62

Bearcat
My SR9c has been great. If I looked at negative posts on any gun I doubt I'd buy any at all Forums generally bring out the negatives more so than the positives. IMHO

atopper

Bearcat
Bapple , mine was flat outta the box and i had to flip it just to see how it would feel. and i did not like it at all shaped out. the palm of my hand thats towards my thumb hit that raised area on the back strap and it just made my grip feel worse. i have short fingers as it is , i need all the help i can get haha

PS >>>>>>>>>>> anyone wanna trade there pinky extension for my flat off of the 10 rounder ??????

i got two flats id like to trade for pinkys

also the two extra mags i bought at purchase , ruger mags , seemed to have a nice glossy smooth finish. but the sping and follower in the mag seems veryyyy gritty like they are full of sand. the two mags that came with the gun have somewhat of a satin finish. the glossy ones seem to drop much easier than the satin and the ones that came with the gun are very smooth when loading, not gritty

just an observance , still love it !!

aWoods

Single-Sixer
My SR9 sucked. It went back to the factory and has been flawless for my buddy who bought it. He recently put in the ghost trigger kit, and it certainly went up a notch in my book.

If you want the gun, buy it. If there's a problem, Ruger will fix it. This could happen with any gun, and the SR9 was released during Obamarama, and a lot of manufacturers were having quality problems with their guns - even Sig was having problems.

I think you could buy a new one today with confidence. Also, if that's the gun you like, there's not much else like it!