gp100 22rf.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DPris

Buckeye
K22,
I just ask. :)

Dunno what the thought process is on the barrel length, but I personally think a 6-incher would be heavy & ungainly with all that extra metal in the barrel, even without the usual lug.
Denis

s4s4u

Hunter
If I were to get one it would be used for hunting and I wouldn't mind a little more muzzle weight. It helps to steady the shot.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
DPris said:
K22,
I just ask. :)

Dunno what the thought process is on the barrel length, but I personally think a 6-incher would be heavy & ungainly with all that extra metal in the barrel, even without the usual lug.
Denis
Yep, I had an S&W 617 6" with the full lug barrel and even as a K-frame it was very heavy, actually an oz or two heavier than my 6" full lug 686 L-frame.

DPris

Buckeye
Hip,
The USFA comment was directed at the most USFA-lovin' guy I know on any forum. :)
And...he got it.
Denis

DPris

Buckeye
Cryptically, two men at Ruger are responsible for bringing back the older compact rubber/wood grips.

You can thank Mark Gurney & Kurt Hindle for them.

Other'n that, I know nothing.... :)
Denis

I just watched that episode this morning and it was a 6" barrel and was noted as such. I hope they do decide to go with the 5" but want one either way. When he opened up that cylinder with 10 little holes I started slobbering.

Also glad they went back to the original grip. I like the Hogue grips as well but like the wood grips for adding custom inserts. Thanks to Mark & Kurt

HIP SHOT

Bearcat
DPris said:
Cryptically, two men at Ruger are responsible for bringing back the older compact rubber/wood grips.

You can thank Mark Gurney & Kurt Hindle for them.

Denis

Not true. Its the voice of the customer!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hip Shot

DPris

Buckeye
Yebbit- those were the two guys who LISTENED to the voice of the customer! :)

They deserve the credit.
Denis

Cordite

Single-Sixer
DPris said:
Denis

For some reason I am picturing this guy when you say that... :)

images

DPris

Buckeye
Rum,
On 9-30-2014, someone may possibly have gotten an email from the Ruger guy over-seeing current revolver projects, stating it's a 5-inch barrel.

What you see on pre-pro guns on TV is not necessarily what the final production version will be.

But again- I dunno nothing. :)
Denis

dingode

Single-Sixer
Just get it to the market and take my money already!!! :lol: Would like a normal cyl. though.