Got some new toys... sorry not Rugers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NorEaster

Blackhawk
I really wanted to get a .22 pistol and rifle. I have had a number of Rugers through the years but wanted to try something different this time. I decided on the Colt/Walther/Umarex .22s, the M4 Carbine and the Govt. Model 1911. Of course after I got them, I couldn't help but make them look a little different :wink:
IMG_0051%202_zpsktdesiym.jpg

41 Magnum

Single-Sixer
How about a little bit of an evaluation after you get to the range ! I've been lookin' at both of those myself, and would appreciate your opinion very much ! Thanks

Jim

NorEaster

Blackhawk
Thanks to all for the nice comments. :)
Howdy 41 Magnum,
I am very pleased with everything pictured. The rifle is a tack driver. If I can hold the crosshairs still, I can make a ragged hole at 25 yards. My shooting range down back isn't much longer than that. It seems to work well with just about anything I have fed through it. Just keep it clean and well lubed. The action is aluminum and some folks have had issues running them too hot and too dry. I stick with the 10 round mags and break free clp.
The 1911... well it's a little more particular about what it groups best with. I had the best luck with CCi standard velocity loads. The front and rear sights are adjustable for windage. This is good as I had to shift each a little to get it where I wanted without having the rear too far to one side. I also had to do some filing on the front sight blade too.
I had bought the 1911 first and then after a bunch of research and thought, bought the carbine. Accessories for the most part came from ebay, except the stock and the grips on the carbine.
It's been a blast to put together and to use. :)

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I bought the 1911 .22 Walther,, I put Rugers White 1911 grips on it. More I shoot it, better it groups. I paid 300.00 for mine and would like to have another. First impression was that it did not shoot like my Mark II's,, but then again,, what does?

NorEaster

Blackhawk
Oh white grips... it must look pretty cool with those!
I'm hoping mine will come into its own more.
Please post a pic Dave. It would be great to see it.