Blackhawk RBN-455-TURN

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Leonard-s

Bearcat
Recently purchased this revolver. Unfired. Beautiful Turnbull case colors. Love it. Limited to 500.
My guestion is to shoot it or make it a safe gueen.
9semKW8.jpg

hittman

Staff member
Your call.
Depends on what your objective was in buying it.
Just know these special additions / commemoratives / collectors items become ( to many ) just plain old shooters once they're fired. Collectors value MINT, unfired, no cylinder line all the paperwork, etc.

contender

Ruger Guru
If properly cared for,, it can be shot & retain much of it's original value. Most collectors,, (such as myself,) prefer firearms "as shipped from the factory." So,, it no longer has the original configuration that it was built like. And due to the way so few people prefer commemorative, or special customs etc,, I doubt it'd be worth a lot more than it's original purchase price.
If you bought it for a very good price, (lower than what Turnbull was paid,) then maybe not shoot it. Sell it to someone who'd want it,, or keep it for later sale.

Me,, I'd shoot it & enjoy it.

JCW64

Single-Sixer
It's a $1400-$1600 as it sits currently based on closed Gunbroker transactions. This was a run of 500 that is/was popular enough for values to increase. They were around $900 when new on the market and have the TBB prefix serial number. These were distributed by TALO. Turnbull just did the color work on the frames. TALO can always make another run but they probably would be well over a grand now. You can shoot it and take care of it and it will still hold up somewhat on value (75%or so) unless you holster and carry it. As others mentioned ,it's up to you.

Latest posts