Galloway Precision LC9 Kit Review (updated)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jhearne

Buckeye
Hey guys, I got all the parts installed no problem...well, little problems, but learning process.

In short, just buy them! I liked my LC9 before, now, I love it.

I've setup a new addition to my website and today, about 5 minutes ago, it's live. Inside I have a review section and it'll be updated with my SR9 reviews. I have a section for How-To's (under guns) but atm, there isn't any content live yet. I took photos this morning of the installs and disassembly, so I'll have a nice little how-to for the LC9 and I'll be adding my SR9 how-to as well in time. For now, just bear with me, please.

If you have any trouble with the site, please let me know. I've tested it with the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. I'll be testing Safari and Opera as soon as I install them after posting this. For any older machines running old IE8 or even 7, I hope not 6, let me know how it works for you.

Here's the link to my site: http://www.joshhearne.com/rugeraid (last minute naming idea :))

Here's the reviews: Trigger Kit & Guide Rod

I know Galloway has been shipping a lot of these trigger kits lately, so I'm going to try and have the LC9 how-to done tomorrow, if not late tonight. I'll update in this thread when I get it live.

And for the curious, I used Adobe Muse (beta) to build the site. My actual website is just a blog I keep for Chiari Malformation on a wordpress themed setup.

Josh

jhearne

Buckeye
I've updated the LC9 Section (under guns) to include several how-to's. Including installation of Galloway's Trigger Kit and Guide Rod, plus the how-to's required to get to the points of installation.

http://www.joshhearne.com/rugeraid/lc9.html

The SR9 how-to's are still inactive links with no content yet. I'm hoping to have the SR content live next weekend at the earliest.

Josh

ryan9896

Bearcat
i recently installed an aluminum adjustable trigger from [email protected]. it feels better, but i will be keeping my eyes open for the Galloway trigger and other soon-to-be-released LC9 mods.

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Great write up Josh. Glad you dig it, seems the are a hit even with some LEO departments as we are getting department orders now. Everyone has so far, so we are in line to be producing a completely custom bar not base on the factory bar very shortly. It will be coming out along with our trigger pin and adjustable trigger. Along with several other parts we should have a very nice parts line up for the LC9 to cover one end to the other.
Eric

kscott

Single-Sixer
Egalloway said:
Great write up Josh. Glad you dig it, seems the are a hit even with some LEO departments as we are getting department orders now. Everyone has so far, so we are in line to be producing a completely custom bar not base on the factory bar very shortly. It will be coming out along with our trigger pin and adjustable trigger. Along with several other parts we should have a very nice parts line up for the LC9 to cover one end to the other.
Eric

Good to hear you are getting some good business. Congrats on your business venture, Eric. You deserve it!

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Thanks Josh. Thanks Kyle. We are doing good and growing even in this economy, we are truly blessed. Sorry to hear your front sight walked off, I figured Ruger had all that good now. When I talked to the engineers and marketing guys at the Shot show they mentioned it and that it was fixed. Guess one slipped through or old stock maybe.
We have a huge number of products planned this year and the LC9 parts are a huge hit. If LE departments are seeking you out for your parts you've done something right I guess. We are shipping a huge number of trigger kits Friday and have more on the mill to try and get caught up with demand. Look for mini-14 parts in the near future and the Pseries parts to release as well as lots of LC9 upgrades: extended mag bases, reduced power springs, rear sight options, adjustable trigger, possibly even an extended mag release.
Eric

jhearne

Buckeye
I emailed Ruger and they of course want me to send it in when I can. However, I'm looking into aftermarket options and leaning towards XS. Their standard (smaller) dot sight is available (per email with their staff), you have to call their 1800# to order.

LEOs using the LC9 for a BUG, Eric?

Josh

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Yeah some departments (5 have contacted me) issue or allow the LC9 as a bug on duty and off duty carry. They have varying requests: shorten trigger stroke for a few, better hideout holsters, but they all want rid of "the $h!tty plastic guide rod". I can't really give names but they are in southern states and southern boarder states.
Something else to tease with is I am working with a shop on a 2lb connector for the SR...
Eric

jhearne

Buckeye
Egalloway said:
Yeah some departments (5 have contacted me) issue or allow the LC9 as a bug on duty and off duty carry. They have varying requests: shorten trigger stroke for a few, better hideout holsters, but they all want rid of "the $h!tty plastic guide rod". I can't really give names but they are in southern states and southern boarder states.
Something else to tease with is I am working with a shop on a 2lb connector for the SR...
Eric

Where do I add my name to the list?

Josh