Free Shims for the Double Action SP101 and GP100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

fortenberryshel

Bearcat
Just saw this and turns out I just got a new SP101 2 days ago, I would be happy to test your shims if you have any left for test. Thanks in advance even if you don't have any more for test where can I buy them. Scott

LCShively

Bearcat
Hi Scott, all the Ruger Double Action SP101 and Gp100 Models have been tested and the free shim offer is over.
Same goes for the RedHawk and SuperRedhawk.
I do appreciate your interest, and I have them available at TriggerShims.com, pricing is very reasonable.

Thanks, Lance

Nakagawa

Single-Sixer
I must be late to the band wagon guys, but this thread is truly gaining my curiosity. Are these shims in production already or are these tests samples that are being sent out to customers and posters a like to try? Also how are these installed? My hammer on my SP101 does ride up against one side of my gun (I can see the marks where the finish has been removed from the rubbing.)

I am going to look into this more so, and read through this thread to catch up.

Is there a recommendation on which set to get for an SP101? Also do you plan on putting up a video on the installation process. Might help those who aren't so handy. Plus, it would look great on the Ruger DA shims page :wink: .

LCShively

Bearcat
Thanks for the offer Nakagawa,
The Double Action Shims have been or are being tested in all DA's EXCEPT:
I still need Field Testers for the Speed Six and Service Six.

Also thanks for the suggestion on the video, you are right they are very helpfull, and I am in the process of making them.
I have a few short starter video's done, and next will be the 10/22 Shim Installation video which is much bigger.

So hey folks, I still need to verify that my shims will work in the Speed Six and Service Six, and even though they may be same as the others, I still would like to give a shim set to you to try in those guns.

Thanks All,
Lance

Sal1950

Blackhawk
LCShively said:
So hey folks, I still need to verify that my shims will work in the Speed Six and Service Six, and even though they may be same as the others, I still would like to give a shim set to you to try in those guns.

Thanks All,
Lance

Lance,

1984 SS Security Six 4"
My mic says,
Hammer pin .1865
Trigger pin .0933

Appears the GP100 kit is fine for a Sixer, I just shimmed up my Security with leftover shims I had from your GP kit.
My trigger had about .005-.006 end play so I put one .003 shim on the side that showed a little rub.
My hammer had about .017 end play so I used a .005 shim on each side and called it close enough. ;)
Sal

Nakagawa

Single-Sixer
Just installed your shims into my SP101, works great. Ended up using the .005 on each side. Thanks a bunch.

varmonter

Bearcat
Hi lance
any difference between sp101 in 357 mag and sp101 in 327 mag .
i am thinking no. but not quite sure.I have the 327 mag version.

thx

mcoe74

Bearcat
I installed your .003 shims in my Security Six. My son and I did notice a difference in trigger pull while shooting at the range. Followed your instruction for easy install. I will be a return customer! :D

rugerbob

Bearcat
Hi Lance,

Would you have trigger and hammer shims for the Ruger old army?
I have eight Roa's.
Thank you for your time.

Bob

LCShively

Bearcat
rugerbob said:
Hi Lance,

Would you have trigger and hammer shims for the Ruger old army?
I have eight Roa's.
Thank you for your time.

Bob

Hi Bob, If I am not mistaken the Ruger Old Army is a 3 screw gun, so it uses the same shims as an Old Model Single Action 3 screw gun.
Yes I have those.
Thanks for asking,
Good Shooting, Lance

frontstuffers

Single-Sixer
Just wanted folks to know that I ordered the 24 piece kit from Lance and received excellent service. He was very patient with my questions and did his best to help me out. Received them yesterday and couldn't be happier. Now I get to tune up the pistols that I have. He offers very fast shipping and great packing. Can't wait to get these installed. Thanks Lance, everything is greatly appreciated. I'll let you know how they work.