FOR RADICAL ROD OR CHET 15

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BowenBuilt

Bearcat
Guys,
I have a P-95 with the insignia on the smooth grip panels painted in red behind the eagle. I was told this was a Bill Ruger commemoritive gun. Can you shed some light on this pistol with the multicolored grip insignia?
Thanks,
BB

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, I'm not RR or Chet15. However, I did do a quick search of chet15's Reference guide. I could NOT find any info showing a red background medallion for the P-95. If that's the only distinction of that gun that makes it different than a regular one, someone pulled your leg.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I'd think any model with any such distinction would have more than just a change of the eagle color. Pretty darn easy for anyone to simply paint them and create the story. I'm calling foul. I checked the RENE also.

chet15

Hawkeye
Nope...Ruger never did a commemorative P95. I can however see a red medallion getting caught up with the other black background medallions.
So if somebody didn't change it in order to come up with a great story, it was one of those flukes at Ruger that happens more than any of us know.
Chet15

radicalrod

Hunter
hey thanks for thinking I know anywhere near what Chet does :lol: :lol: :lol: that is an extreme complement and I thank you.....but I feel I may disappoint you.....Mrs radical calls me a KNOW IT ALL but I think she is using sarcasm when she says it.....RR.

gunman42782

Hunter
radicalrod said:
hey thanks for thinking I know anywhere near what Chet does :lol: :lol: :lol: that is an extreme complement and I thank you.....but I feel I may disappoint you.....Mrs radical calls me a KNOW IT ALL but I think she is using sarcasm when she says it.....RR.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

roylt

Hunter
Post a picture! I'm a P-series nut and really like to see the P-guns in any form.

I do know of a guy that installed medallions into his P-95 frame to "copy" what I had done to my P94 etc. Maybe he sold it? But doubt he would feed you the story.