First pics and initial impressions SR1911 10mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I just received my new SR1911 10mm. Initial impression is that fit and finish are good and it seems to function fine. The instructions for the SR1911 include a supplement for the 10mm bull barrel specifically. This addendum is directed more at disassembly and reassembly. My hope is that it performs as well as it looks! A few quick pics.... Range report next week.

Dave

hittman

Staff member
Looks like the barrel on my RIA Compact 45 1911.
Took a minute for me to figure out how to take it apart too.

Quick delivery to you on that 10mm!

Well went to the range with this new 10mm.

Accurate and soft shooting pistol. Functioned almost flawlessly. One factory magazine may have been the culprit for one failure to feed and a one time occurrence of the slide not staying open on last shot.

WAYNO fired it also and is familiar with my trials and tribulations of trying to get a 10mm to run to my satisfaction. So after around 80-100 rounds of FMJ 180gr rounds I can say that this is the best out of the box 1911 10mm I have shot.

Good job Ruger on this one! More serious evaluation going forward, but I am pleased!

Dave

I am also pleased with Dave's brand new SR1911-10mm. I have seen Dave struggle enough with 10mm's, I learned to not want one. This Ruger changes my outlook completely. For a 10mm...Probably the easiest shooting of any, and surprisingly accurate, without struggling to make it that way.

I will now look forward to Dave bringing this new toy to the range often, and I know he'll let me shoot it lots more. I know too, he'll even supply the ammo. :mrgreen: And then he'll buy my lunch.

WAYNO.

Yawn

Blackhawk
Gentlemen,

Cant tell you how much i needed to hear this review. I have been wanting a semi auto "trail" worthy gun for a while. Thought about 357sig, 10mm, and .460 rowlands. Here is the thing. I cannot say enough how LOUSY i am with heavier recoiled guns. The last time i short a large valiber revolver, i literally put all of the rounds 30 - 50 yards or more up the hill. The breeze from the bullets didnt even hit the target. An animal could have been safely grazing indefintiely where the target was. I have never had someone laugh at me while shootinga firearm as much as that day. It was pretty funny. So, the Rowland was out for me. I am very good with a .357 magnum... so figured a 10mm or 357sig should work, though still concerned about both. hearing your report today gives me a lot of hope. I have been very vocal about my thoughts with Ruger, good and bad. But one thing that i have maintained is that they have always been some of the softest shooting guns i have ever shot (though credit to Bersa as well for their rotating recoil system). I was not looking to get into the 1911 market, but a super soft shooting bull barrel 10mm 1911 is really changing my mind. I dont like the "small" round count magazines, and would love to see ome extended, higher capacity magazines for open carry in the woods. In any case, i think that this is my next firearm!!

Sounds like you had a great time shooting that new 10MM As you know, there is a lot of difference in 10MM factory ammunition.

What brand were you guys shooting?

Reason I ask, some factory ammunition is loaded down to the point that it is only slightly more than 40 S&W.

Bill

Buckeye Bill said:
Sounds like you had a great time shooting that new 10MM As you know, there is a lot of difference in 10MM factory ammunition.

What brand were you guys shooting?

Reason I ask, some factory ammunition is loaded down to the point that it is only slightly more than 40 S&W.

Bill

Ammo this trip was some PPU, some local factory 1300 ft per sec and Hornady 200gr XTP loads. Next trip will be with some hotter/heavier stuff.