Engraved No. 1A in .243 at the LGS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gtxmonte

Buckeye
So while not "factory" engraved.....Ruger did send it to BE engraved........so not sure I see the difference. Either way, seems Alan will be making himself quite a tidy profit on this one

chet15

Hawkeye
gtxmonte said:
So while not "factory" engraved.....Ruger did send it to BE engraved........so not sure I see the difference. Either way, seems Alan will be making himself quite a tidy profit on this one

Actually it would be factory engraved. Ruger doesn't take guns from individuals and send them off to be engraved. Their policy for the engraving program and even today is to send new guns straight from the factory to be engraved by Baron. So that gun was never in a customers hands before Baron received it for the work to be done.
Some might say how can it be factory engraved if it was shipped to Baron? The key is that the gun apparently has "factory commissioned" engraving on it, probably to the taste of whatever the customer wanted on it.
As mentioned, anything engraved by Ruger (commissioned by Ruger) was pretty expensive really. It wouldn't surprise me if this little bit of work cost the customer 500+, in addition to the price of the rifle.
Quite collectible if you ask me!!
It would be nice to know the serial number so it can be documented.
Chet15

Alan in GA

Single-Sixer
I am disclosing the serial # to the winning bid immediately at end of auction - even before they send funds. Ruger does not disclose the 'extra upgrades' on the $10 letter of authenticity I purchased which surprised even the very helpful guy in customer service - he just shrugged when I told him what the letter did not have on it. However the CS rep was VERY helpful and told me "looks like we produced it w/ Circassian/engraving/checkerering upgrade....etc."
I anguished for monthes about why keeping this #1A, thinking how cool it would be in 358 Win, etc, but with the future of #1 Ruger manufacture looking bleak, and 243 not one of my favs, I figured this rifle's best purpose was with a Ruger #1 collector or died in the wool fan. I have plenty of my favorite Rugers, the Ruger 77's and recently acquired another Ruger #1A, one of Lipsey's 250 Savage stainless/walnut #1A' - a favorite chambering and a gun I will USE without quite as much fear of scratching or marking from use.
The 243 is bringing about what I thought it would, but not already at halfway through the 7 day auction! I hope the winner enjoys it!
I have no idea what to expect as final price. I only hope it goes to a Ruger enthusiast that will be pleased with it.
I'm afraid to even get it in and out of the safe for fear of scratching it!

Alan in GA

Single-Sixer
This #1A now has a new owner. I never did shoot even one round out of it. Now to get the stainless walnut #1A in 250 Savage out and SHOOT IT! : )