Engraved Flatgate

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Found at a gunshow. SN 44144 falls into general range of engraved flatgates. I don't think it is factory engraved, but not sure. Has jeweled trigger and hammer....... I know who owns it and his asking price.

Dave

street

Hunter
There were only a hand full of all blue Factory Engraved guns and they had the grip frame engraved. This one doesn't!

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Dan, think you are spot on. Here in the NNW, off and on, there have been one or two of the non-factory engraved RSS on my table(s), over a lengthy period. Have had zero questions or offers. The "good news"? They were purchased for their factory stags and those have migrated to the big "keep" box, or, to a long barreled 44 FT. My assumptions on these two RSS? One was done for a fellow in Montana after the RSSE factory guns were gone. The other was done for a Florida owner because his original RSSE was stolen........

rugerguy said:
all depends on just "How much" he wants for the gun, flatgate ,with extensive engraving still has a lot of value to those who "Like" scratched up guns............

Absolutely! If the engraving is a nice, professional job and the rest of the gun is in really nice shape, that would make an excellent addition to a collection.

Don't have an idea on price, other than it's probably out of my range.

:mrgreen: :wink: :mrgreen:

Latest posts