Should this be a Flatgate?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CBinNH

Single-Sixer
NraLq3K.jpg

nzoWnSb.jpg

yes, someone changed it out at some time, to a rounded, but NOT the longer, rounded 'Premiere' loading gate, we can "see" the screw slots were "used" and the gun was apart, screw heads ,slots and recoil shield look , still rough casting finish and NOT polished out, as it would be if it were reblued,,,,better to look ,see it ( the finish) in outdoors,bright sunlight yes, a very NICE gun.......(y);)

also want to add it has the early "satin" finish on the grip medallions...........:)

Last edited:

contender

Ruger Guru
A very nice looking gun. I believe it has been reblued though. And as so many have pointed out,, yes,, it would have had the flat loading gate originally. That looks like a Ruger loading gate vs, the Premier brand loading gate.

G2

Hunter
I agree it is a Ruger Gate,,, vs what a lot were changed out for the extra long Premier Gate.

Changing it back to Flatgate is no big deal.

Re-Blue, makes one want to pull the Grip Frame and see if it was "up-graded".

Either way still a neat early Single Six.

....that low of a number I agree it should be put back to original add a flatgate, wish I had some left over over, heck if I still had access to the machine shop, take some of my old loading gates, cut them down "flat" and notch 'em out..........:unsure:

Bobby Tyler....you listening....??:cool::rolleyes:

G2

Hunter
Just because threads are better with pictures 😁
My 3 Flatgate's with the middle gun having the up graded longer Premier Gate, period correct up grade.
Stags on the Right gun are not Ruger, but period correct. In my opinion if the gate were a Premier gate I would leave it. If the gun was or could be 100% correct, maybe then find the correct flatgate, box & papers… again just my Opinion.
52706819029_47e30dcfc8_k.jpg

Last edited:
yes, nice flatgates make fine pictures............

but at times they get "swapped out",like this one of my wifes

Attachments

• RSS 45309.JPG
    RSS 45309.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 435RS.jpg
    435RS.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited: