Double action pictures?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

White Falcon

Bearcat
DSCN18230767.jpg

Donaldjr1969

Blackhawk
Just got it today along with the 22/45 below it.

redhawk001.jpg

Darnit, Falcon! I was hoping I could be the first one to post a Super Redhawk!! :p

Elfego El Gato

Single-Sixer
Donaldjr1969 said:

redhawk001.jpg

Darnit, Falcon! I was hoping I could be the first one to post a Super Redhawk!! :p

Am I the only one here who thinks the Super Redhawk is a funny-looking gun? It looks like a GP100 or an Alaskan that somebody stuck or screwed a longer barrel on... Again, is it just me, or is that a little strange looking?

Donaldjr1969

Blackhawk
Elfego El Gato said:
Donaldjr1969 said:

redhawk001.jpg

Am I the only one here who thinks the Super Redhawk is a funny-looking gun? It looks like a GP100 or an Alaskan that somebody stuck or screwed a longer barrel on... Again, is it just me, or is that a little strange looking?
Gato, I feel the same way. It does look a little strange. Like you mentioned, I too think it looks like somebody shoved a longer barrel inside an Alaskan frame. But it is still aesthetically pleasing to me. Of course, others may prefer the more classic lines of the standard Redhawk. Yet the SRH does grow upon a person. At a range with a person not too familiar with Rugers, nor revolvers in general, I am sure it will generate some questions from fellow shooters. Of course, we know that the extended frame of the SRH gives it even more strength than the RH. And the RH is mighty darn strong in its own right. Not that I have an immediate need to do so, but we all know the RH/SRH will definitely fire a load, such as the Garrett 330g +P, that will make the Model 29 and the Anaconda cry for mommy.

Now I have a simple question here on the SRH appearance. Does the look of the SRH make the revolver appear more "aggressive" than the RH? To me, it does. But I decided on the SRH over the RH in the same length because it only lightened my wallet by 30 extra dollars. And since I walked out of there 900 dollars lighter, I doubt 30 bucks made a difference... :p

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Serial number 24 Security Six, from the Bill Lett estate. Lett and Ruger were childhood buddies and Lett made grips for Ruger. I suspect these uncheckered grips were of Lett's own hand rather than leaving the factory like this, but considering the source, I call it 100% legit.

RDA34-150-00024-Right.jpg

1 of 1 known surviving contract guns made for the Western Australia Police. To my knowledge, this is the only instance where the caliber designation was not noted on a production Ruger. This was per the contract which was for a W.A.P.D. special forces group similar to our SWAT and was allowed to carry .357 Mag while the regular force was restricted to .38 Spl. and they didn't want to ruffle feathers by advertising their more powerful sidearms. When the department switched to auto-loaders, the Ruger revolvers were going to be sold abroad but a law was passed prohibiting the re-exporting of handguns, so they were instead destroyed. This info was from a W.A. sergeant who presumes that this gun may be the only surviving example in the world. It was held at Ruger for many years then finally shipped out in a 2009 warehouse cleanup (note the error on the label which calls it a model RDA32 - blue Security Six). The stainless finish is also non-standard, more of a bead blast finish.

GS32-159-75030_WA-POLICE.jpg

Blued stainless round butt Security Six made for evaluation by the Secret Service, one of 10 guns shipped and returned after eval. Factory Hogue grip and low-gloss sandblast finish, then blackened. Marked with "U" serial number denoting a Used gun.

Secret-Service-Six.jpg

One of a handful of factory-acknowledged prototype Speed Sixes made from early 4 digit Security Sixes and finished with a high polish and bobbed hammer. The one in the James Triggs painting on the cover of the 1973 Gun Digest, which was engraved by Alvin White, is only a few digits away.

SDA-82-round-butt-150-01571-on-GD.jpg

Examples of GF92 Service Sixes in 9mm, one with the round recoil shield and one with the scalloped shield.

GF-92s-two-types.jpg

Latest posts