Do I need a No1 in 1A?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RSIno1

Hunter
I've got a 1B in 300 Win Mag, 1H in 458 Win Mag, 1 RSI in 30-06, 1S in 7mm Rem Mag and a 1V in .223. Can anyone think of a 1A I need to finish up the set?

Corbi

Single-Sixer
First off you need a 1A because you don't have a 1A!!!

Your battery is very well selected so making a suggestion is tough. My 1A is in 35 Whelen. Makes for a light weight heavy hitter. I truly enjoy carrying it.

May I suggest a 3006? Set it up with a different scope than the RSI. Mae a 1x4 on the RSI, a 2 x 8 VX 3 on the 1A?

Corbi

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
Don't know all the calibers they came in or if you plan on making one but i would go 257Roberts or 35Whelen.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Gonfishn said:
Yes, most definitely, you have to get a Ruger #1A in 7.62x39 Stainless Steel.

Maybe one of the new 1a blue in 7.62x39, not too expensive from those offered, the K1a version is hard to find in my experience, and commands a premium. If you can find one, how about a 1a 30-30, that would be a fun one to have.

You need the .243, unless you just HAVE to kill a moose or elk with it. I've had mine since 1978 and if you handload you don't need another rifle unless you're shooting big 'uns. Deer and pigs it'll kill at any reasonable range, and varmints it'll kill at any range. And it's a classy little thing.

RSIno1

Hunter
I think I need to start shopping for a K1A. It'll fill 2 spots stainless and 1A - anybody know if they did the K1A with the gray laminate stock? That could fill 3 spots :). But ouch at this price it'll have to be the grail gun http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=526234455

Rocdoc

Buckeye
RSIno1 said:
I think I need to start shopping for a K1A. It'll fill 2 spots stainless and 1A - anybody know if they did the K1A with the gray laminate stock? That could fill 3 spots :). But ouch at this price it'll have to be the grail gun http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=526234455

No K1A laminate I know of, the B, S, V,and H issued in laminate. Get a walnut K1a, you will like it, they can be had for a lot less than the auction you looked at.

This is the full list of all K1 rifles as far as I know:

http://www.classicsportingarms.com/stainless-steel-ruger-1/

Corbi

Single-Sixer
My meager #1 battery contains some few stainless laminated rifles. I'm glad to have them.

I use them when rain is threatening and I want to hunt.

You need at least one all weather #1.

just my opinion but you should also have one in 45/70.

Corbi

buffalocannon

Bearcat
I once thought I knew something about the No.1. Lately, I don't think I do. I plead ignorance. When you have the time, can one of you No.1 nuts briefly relate the differences in all of the No.1 variations? It seems to have become sort of an alphabet soup. Appreciate it.

Latest posts