Dan Wesson 15-2

Help Support Ruger Forum:

silverback

Blackhawk
I know its been a while since I last posted about my dan Wesson.
I have been caring for my mom with dementia. She recently past. I know she is in a better place.

Well I took the 15-2 out today with my sp101 3 inch.

I just wanted to get the feel of the recoil as I have added a 2 inch barrel to the 6 inch it came with. I also picked up the zebra target grips, compact grips and gripper grips. So I was going to test them all out.

I figured I would start with the combination that would on other 357's be sure to sting your hand. 2 inch barrel and the small compact wood grips.

I had 38 special +p, 125 grain full house, 158 grain bullets loaded .

All I can says is wow!!!! Its almost as soft as my coonan 357 .
Yeah its a loud fire breather but the small compact wood grips were fine. Absolutely no sting at all. Yes the 15-2 is about a 40 oz. Gun but usually I would expect some discomfort.

Put the zebra grips and same result

Mounted the 6 inch barrel and same result with both grips.
Didnt bother mounting my old stand by for comfort (pachmayr gripper grips).

People were not kidding about this being an accurate gun.

Sights were almost dead on. I just need to spend time tweaking just a bit.

Absouly one fine revolver. So glad I purchased it.

Now I just need to find better grips for the sp101. That knuckle thing sucks.

contender

Ruger Guru
Sorry to hear about your Mom. You have my condolences.

And,, by all accounts,, you got a sweet handgun! It's been a while since I shot any DW handguns,, and screwed up by not buying one I saw a few years ago. And,, I recall the 4 bbl pistol pack I missed back in the 70's. (Too poor & couldn't afford it then.)

But,, as I recall,,, most of the DW handguns I ever shot were good shooters & could make an average shooter look like a good shooter! :D :D