Brass Grip Frame for a Single Six or Super Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SBHRSSSSS

Bearcat
Hi, If a person wanted to install a Brass Grip Frame on an OM Single Six or OM Super Single Six, would a Brass Grip Frame for an OM Blackhawk fit? If not, what Brass Grip Frame should a person look for, that will fit? Thanks for your guidance.

contender

Ruger Guru
Yes,, the screw hole pattern for mounting is the same across the board.
Brass g/f's.
Ruger factory ones are of the Super Blackhawk dragoon design. All OM's.
Aftermarket ones,, in general, can be varied in trigger guard shape, and can be either NM or OM.

But,, if you really want a heck of a brass g/f,, look into RW Grip frames. Ronnie Wells has a heck of a selection of slightly different shapes for both OM's and NM's. And he also can fit grips to them for you,, since the shapes can be different than factory Ruger grip frames. But they all use the same screw hole mounting pattern.

G2

Hunter
I like the way your thinking, My 1965 Super Single Six Convertable.
53178176815_8b9bb61856_b.jpg

These 2 grip frames are on Old Model Single Sixes, in fact the first 2 brass Grip frames that I Installed years ago. The picture is showing a black line that one could cut and turn a Gen 2 gf into a Birdshead (left) if one so desired.
These are Qualite / MK. No longer in production. Gen 1 on the right.
53104059667_390e91b347_c.jpg

This grip frame is from RW Grip frames, a Keith #5. Its on a NM Single Seven 327M. Absolutely the nicest most precision grip frame ever made. He makes everything in OM & NM. Top Quality and a phone call to Ronnie is top notch customer service, very knowledgeable & helpful.
51946907654_99a5e0b3e3_b.jpg

FWIW; NM frames can be adapted to work with OM fairly easy.
… Visa-versa can be done,,, but it's not easy.

These Birdsheads are NM single six on the top and OM single six MAGNUM on the bottom. Both Gripframes are vintage Qualite/ MK Birdshead that I acquired from individuals that gave up.
This picture is of the 2 guns in progress of getting re-configured. They have progressed significantly beyond this point but not quite done yet.
51750706756_5b389ac8aa_b.jpg

RW is the only current production source for Brass Grip Frames.

Qualite/MK and Power Custom turn up from time to time, here and there. Qualite/MK can be easy to challenging to fit up. The reason you will see them for sale is they just didn't mount up easily and required skills that most didn't have.

Here is 80 pages of RW Grip frames and a EDUCATION!!!

Last edited:

SBHRSSSSS

Bearcat
Thanks everyone! Good to know. This is a future project, when I retire, maybe soon...ha, ha. G2, very nice projects! Nice '65!! Thanks Ty, for your always helpful insights and knowledge!

Latest posts