stevem

Single-Sixer
500 Max
18b3553b-cc0e-40f2-8417-ad84e82bfae6_zps26fe9d9a.jpg

45 colt
e1d21699-e026-47c1-adc5-1fa31bc1bbdf_zps2895983d.jpg

500 Linebaugh
296a70dc-0b91-4bda-956f-05eb3122565b_zpsc872d9b6.jpg

I am absolutely amazed and impressed. There is a lot of money tied up and a LOT OF TIME. I'm not going to ask people what they paid for all those guns, but I am curious how long it takes to get them back from gun smiths like John and Dustin Linbaugh, Bowen, Gallagher, Clements, Huntington and who knows who. I'll be 63 in December and I'd like to be alive and still able to shoot one when they get done. Looking at a BFR in 475/480 and having some work done to it. How long is it going to take to actually get it back. I've heard some of these guys are 2 and 3 years out. Is that right???

stevem

Single-Sixer
Most of the top guys are a year+, My Dad's Alan Harton .357 was 18 months. On the other hand, Jack Huntington has a pretty quick turn around. My 500 max took just shy of 8 months, and a lot of that time was just waiting for the front and rear sights to come in. Jack is a wiz with those BFR's and depending on what you wanted done, my guess would be 6 months or less.

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
The one man shops like Stroh, Harton, Gallagher, etc. will take longer because they are in high demand and the only one working on a piece. Huntington has a few guys that work for him, so his times are shorter. However, the word is getting out about his quality, so his times are starting to creep up bit. He did a conversion for me a little over a year ago that took 6 months to complete.

I have had other major work done by a couple of the other guys that took over 2 years - talk about excruciating!

kentdep

Single-Sixer
This is my David Clements Bisley conversion. It started out as an overly abused Super Blackhawk with a 7 1/2 barrel. David made the conversion, tuned it for accuracy, free wheeled it, made the front sight, added an ejector rod housing from a 10 inch SBH, made a custom crescent head ejector rod, added a Bowen base pin and rear sight and (lastly) took the the warning label off the barrel.

The grips are black micarta by CaryC and I love them.

Jay

pharmuse

Bearcat
45 hunter---sold because I found the 41 hunter
bobcat005.jpg

41 hunter
oct2011gunsforsale001.jpg

357 and 22
015.jpg

41 Acusport's. Sent one to Clements for an octagon barrel and "fixins"
002-1.jpg

The bisley that started it all. I got this 45 vaquero for my dad years ago.
oct2011gunsforsale027.jpg

Snyd

Single-Sixer
45 Colt BisHunter w/2X Weaver wrapped up in a Ringler Wyoming Combination Holster. I packed this on my sheep hunt last month. Couldn't quite close the gap, partner shot the ram with his 270 at 277yds.

file_zps17ff978e.jpg

file_zps54d66a60.jpg

Here's one that's currently being knit together in "the Gallagher Womb" Been there a little over a year. Barrel is a Gallagher made .510. I also sent him some sheep horn for it that I found last year.

44ann_01.jpg

44ann_02.jpg

I just picked this one up today and it is already headed to Harton's for some fine tuning. Five shot 50 Action Express by Hamilton Bowen that someone decided to stamp their name onto the side of the top strap. It ought to be a fun 900 fps plinker when it gets back.

This is one of the most inspiring threads I've seen in a long time. If a guy spends some time looking at these pictures he will learn a lot. I think it should be a sticky and required viewing. I really appreciate all the fine folks that made these fine pictures available. I think it should be a sticky.

Could a few of you that have had this done comment on how you had the grip of your Bisley Ruger altered or it appears that it was made smaller at the base and is more similar to the Freedom Arms grip. Who does that and what do you ask for?

BPJ, on my Linebaugh 475 John slimmed it down on the backstrap just before it ends. A slight "indent" versus the stock Ruger bisley and it matches where the lower meaty part of your hand hits the grip frame. Slight change but big difference. If you look at my pictures on page three of this thread you can see two brass framed bisleys. If you look closely at the bottom part of the backstrap on the 44 Special and the 475 you can see the difference I am talking about.

Robb, thanks for the info. So Linebaugh does that for you. I might have to send my in. Since I'm going to do that I may have to find an extra thing or two he needs to do while he's got it. Do you just send them in or do you call and set up a time frame for when he'll be ready. I'm not sure about that kind of stuff. You have pretty good taste in guns. I know that.

Call John first and find what his schedule is and discuss what things you might want done. He may well tell you to use the gun until he is ready to work on it which is good because it gives you more time to thing of "touches" you might want him to do!