Bisley 32 H&R Magnum question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Picked up this little beauty the other day, my first 32 magnum. The blue book of gun values says this variety is rare and considering the vast knowledge on this forum I was hoping someone here could tell me about how many of these were made? Thanks in advance for any info

Attachments

• 20230802_074901.jpg
    20230802_074901.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 20230802_074640.jpg
    20230802_074640.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 20230802_074406.jpg
    20230802_074406.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 124
Nice revolver. I can't help you with number made. I also have one like it, but not nearly as nice as yours. Oh, just a warning, those .32's tend to multiply. Don't ask me how I know!;)
Thanks and since this one is 100% and unfired I'm thinking I have to ignore the warning and find another one for a shooter lol

You have made an excellent score there! The complete package too!

Ok, Ruger doesn't release production numbers,, so actual production info isn't available. However,, the RENE Guide lists your gun as; "RB-32W models are also rare."

I'd keep that one in minty condition, and look for a shooter to accompany it.
Thanks for the info. It still had factory grease or whatever they put on em before shipping. It's definitely in the collectable section of the safe and I'll be looking for a shooter

You have made an excellent score there! The complete package too!

Ok, Ruger doesn't release production numbers,, so actual production info isn't available. However,, the RENE Guide lists your gun as; "RB-32W models are also rare."

I'd keep that one in minty condition, and look for a shooter to accompany it.
By the way, I'm a member of RENE but I don't think I've ever seen the Guide. How, where do I get one?

David Lee Valdina

Single-Sixer
I have one, but I think the rear sight on mine is a bit more a target rear sight. I had another which I sold as the gap between the barrel and cylinder was too great and Ruger said it was within specs. I am happy with the one I kept. I have lots of brass etc. and load for it. My deer hunting days are behind me, but I find myself tempted to get a Henry lever action in .32 H&R Mag., just in case you understand. One of the attractions for the .32 H&R Mag. cartridge is the lesser recoil, which I find important as I get older.

32shooter

Blackhawk
I have one, but I think the rear sight on mine is a bit more a target rear sight. I had another which I sold as the gap between the barrel and cylinder was too great and Ruger said it was within specs. I am happy with the one I kept. I have lots of brass etc. and load for it. My deer hunting days are behind me, but I find myself tempted to get a Henry lever action in .32 H&R Mag., just in case you understand. One of the attractions for the .32 H&R Mag. cartridge is the lesser recoil, which I find important as I get older.
Ruger also made the Bisley with adjustable rear sight. I don't think Henry made one in .32mag, only .327. Not sure if .32mags would cycle through their .327. Marlin did make a lever gun in .32mag.

JB in SC

Bearcat
A guy brought about a dozen Ruger single actions for consignment sales a few years ago, two .32 Bisleys. One with the windage adjustable rear one with the fully adjustable. I think they were around $700. I had one of the original SSM's and sold it when I bought a FA 97 years ago. The SSM was a good platform. I think it's size appropriate for the .32 H&R magnum. Not everyone wants or needs a souped up .32. It's a very good small game round.

Latest posts