Bearcat Gun/Knife Combo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

For the past year or so, I've really gotten fed up with pictures. I'm really trying to get a picture to look like a drawing or painting. I know this doesn't look like a drawing, but I'm getting there.

Here is another gun/knife combo.

Adjustable sight Bearcat with Sack Peterson Stag Grips over Right hand Simply Rugged Holster with basket weve stamping.

Randall #3 with Desert Ironwood and left handed finger grips.

Cloudy day on a wood workbench.

0PkpmR1l.jpg

BDM1

Single-Sixer
Actually, i thought that was a fancy pencil drawing! Good gun and knife, great picture!

Thanks. Here is another.

For refrence, I attached the original picture.

This is an Old Model Single Six and a Mini Randall #27. When they came out with these, it was a special, with only a 1 year wait. I ordered one because I didn't have to wait the normal 4 years. I think they are up to 5 or 5 1/2 now.

The original:
MeyER7ll.jpg

The artistic version. I'm using photoshop. I take the picture, and duplicate the layer. When you do this, and make changes to one layer, you can overlay them with different end results. There is a bit more to it than that, and this took me about 30 minutes. I didn't like how the gun frame was too dark and there is a pretty big shadow around the trigger. Then, I seperated the gun and knife from the background and added some more grain and color to the wood.

Some pictures I can work on them for a few hours. So it isn't just, "add a filter." On the newest version of Photoshop, there is a Camera RAW filter adjustment. It allows you to fine tune the contrast, clarity, colors, etc. It's becoming my favorite way to adjust a photograph.

Oh, and it's an iPhone 11 cell phone camera.

0Zju1zCl.jpg

Latest posts